Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay

PO Box 480, Montego Bay, Jamaica

• Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay
    Vacationkids
    5 Sep 13, 2013

Excellent and affordable choice for families. Close to Montego Bay airport so no long transfer times. Lots of room options for families of all sizes. Baby care up thru teen activities.

• Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay
    Hazel Anna Rigazio

We had our honeymoon in this hotel and upon arrival we were served a much needed real fruit drink it was so yum, if this was a taste of things to come i'm in heaven already i thought myself.We were offered to relax in the beautiful foyer or go straight to our room.I really liked the thoughtful option they gave people as half chose to sit in the foyer beneath the huge whirling air conditioners and the other guests chose to go straight to the room.They do have a bell boy if you equest at the desk.The room was AMAZING i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw two huge double beds,yes i threw myself in it to test the comfort,wow if my husband hadn't just quickly got his swimwear on and was asking me to hurry and get in my swimwear on i could have fell asleep there and then.There was a bathroom with shower cubicle,sky tv,tea and coffee facilities,complimentary shower gels and tissues.The balcony was huge with a view of our own private beach and swaying palm trees,if i'm being honest the view took my breath away.As we made our way to the main pool we passed through lush tropical plants,waterfalls,the tallest palm trees i had ever seen.
    There is a huge covered buffet dining area where they served buffet breakfast,lunch,dinner.The food is lovely for the first few days but can become repetitive so do book into one of the many complimentary restaurants where you can dine on the chefs best dishes.The Jamaican restraunt and the seafood restraunt are out of this world,baring in mind this is only a three star hotel it was five star food.The chefs of these restraunts are very artistic and talented.At the large pool is a swim up bar serving rum punch to die for.There are plenty of huts offering the traditional jerk chicken,pizza huts,snack bar.The local beers were suprisingly nice as were the real fruit punches served before your eyes.There s another pool,the second being a lot smaller than the first.There is a nite club which we went to once which odly looked very similar to a cinema just music coming from a cd that bar staff changed.There weren't many people in there even during high season so you may want to give that a miss.The entertainment in the hotel runs on three evenings and the shows are amazing,karaoke on another night.Hotel staff are really polite,even the pool attendant who took a knife and split an aloe vera leaf in half and extracted the juice before waking me up and telling me to quickly put the aloe juice on the 'burn' silly me had started with the wrong strength sun tan lotion and he noticed that i thought that was really nice.I felt a bit silly but he assured me i won't be the first or the last,so remember the high factor cream as the sun is so strong there.I think this hotel deserves 4 stars if not five.

Good!1157 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
    Excellent value for money, said 99%.
  • Beach
    92% appreciated the clean beach.
    89% thought it was clean.
  • Service
    84% found the staff to be very friendly.
  • Grounds
    Pool was lovely, according to 81%.
    77% liked the proximity to shopping.
Showing Lowest Prices