Hollywood Guest Inn
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Hollywood Guest InnMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Sep 21, 2013
This place is very much no frills, however there are a few bonuses. For instance, they have complimentary donuts and coffee in the morning and an underground parking garage. The place seems international travelers-friendly with many brochures about what to do in LA. The rooms come with a flat screen TV, mini fridge, and a clothing rack (no closet). The bathroom is set up so that the sink is separate (out in the bedroom) which I thought was interesting.
- Hollywood Guest InnAug 08, 2013
The Hollywood Guest Inn (once known as the Hollywood Guest House) is basic budget property, but is well maintained. It’s pretty central to public transportation (catch the No. 2 bus heading West at Sunset to hit the Strip). If you’re looking for a great sandwich or salad, walk a few blocks east to the Mercantile. The same direction is a fun British pub called the Cat & Fiddle. If you do have a car, it’s handy that parking is free here, but it’s unfortunate that you have to pay extra for WiFi. I like that they have coffee and donuts in the morning, but I wish there were more options. That said, it is a safe and clean place to stay for a good rate. Check out the brochures in the lobby for ideas on what to do and see in L.A.
- Hollywood Guest InnFirst to ReviewOct 28, 2013
We stayed here so we could walk around in Hollywood before leaving. The location was good. The rest of the hotel was pretty bad. There were stains on the bedspreads, carpet holes, the room smelled like smoke even though we asked for no smoking, the toilet handle kept falling off, and the pictures on the walls had holes in them. We paid $10 to stay an extra hour and the front desk called 3 times in that hour asking if we were leaving yet. I would not go back.
Mediocre578 reviews across the web.
- Hotel Building100% thought the facilities needed updating.
- Location90% thought parking was inexpensive.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 75% of guests gave positive comments.
- Food65% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.
- ServiceOnly 64% found the staff to be friendly enough.
- HotelHotel is ok. Only 60% of guests gave positive feedback.