My Guide to Maui

Discover the top things to do and places to eat near my Maui property for your next vacation.

Hana Highway

It's an all day trip, so bring food and drinks. Stop along the way and enjoy the scenery. A must stop is the black sand beach, Wai‘anapanapa State Park. The drive to Ohe’o Gulch Pools (7 Sacred Pools) is well worth it. The 2 mile hike to the falls is one of my favorites, especially going through the bamboo...

Mama's Fish House

The food is true to all the hype, it is simply amazing. I do not recommend bringing the kids, as the ambience is incredible. Lunch is a great alternative if you want to save a little money. I would definitely go see Paia town while I was in the neighborhood....

Big Beach

The kids love this beach. The sand is golden and waves can be big. A short walk away is little beach, clothing optional.

Wailea Beach

This beach sits in front of the Grand Wailea and the Four seasons. Beautiful golden sand. There is very good snorkeling on the south side behind Wailea Point. Get there early in the morning and there is plenty of parking.

Alii Kula Lavender

This is a long drive in upcountry, but the drive itself is very nice. I would go in late spring or early summer to see the lavender in bloom. The gardens are nice year around. I believe it costs $3 per car. There is a nice gift shop as well.

Iao Valley State Park

This is a beautiful valley with lots of history. Lush and green with a small river going through it, however it can be cold, so bring a light jacket.

Keawakapu Beach

This is our favorite walking beach. From our condo we walk all the way to the end of the trail, the Fairmont. It takes us roughly 2 hours. It can get hot, so it's best to walk early in the morning. There is coffee along the way.