Honduras Regions

The Bay Islands

The best sun set!!.

West End

Honduras

A quaint island village with shopping, dive shops and great restaurants. Accessible by taxi or even water taxi from Infinity Bay.

Roatan Island

Honduras

This is a lovely little island. The people were really nice. The beaches awesome. Mahogany Bay was spectacular. The shops were great. Did more shopping than i should have. Loved the lazy days on the sand most relaxing. The food was awesome. Enjoyed the Caribbean music

West Bay

Honduras

Paraiso completo. Aguas cristalinas, tranquilas especiales para rralizar actividades acuáticas. La mejor playa de Roatan.

Utila

Honduras

Utila is one of the leading dive meccas in the world, and is considered one of the cheapest places to get certified. The tiniest of the Bay Islands, Utila is home to a dozen dive shops and schools, whose instructors greet the twice-daily ferries to offer new visitors their services. Prices are very competitive and often bundled with accommodations. Utila ...

La Ceiba

Honduras

mid size city nothing realy special but guesthauses and restaurantes, one of the startpoints to the bayislands

Utila Island

Roatan

Honduras

Great beach to relax on. Easy to get to.

Sandy Bay

Copan Ruinas

Honduras

We had a 6 hour lay-over in this town so we didn't make it to the ruins, but it is a sleepy little Honduran town without much going on. Skip it, if you can. I hear the ruins are a less impressive version of Tikal, but still worth seeing if you have a serious interest in Mayan history.

San Pedro Sula

Honduras

Beautiful city with a lot of things to do, beach (tela), castle ( omoa), and falls (pullhapanzaq). Dont forget to visit Guamilito (local market plenty of handcrafts) and taste some "baliadas".

Tegucigalpa

Honduras

While there is a lot to see in Honduras, Tegucigalpa is not a place I would recommend spending a lot of time. It is a sleepy, mid sized Central American capital, without much of interest to offer the visitor. I would plan to head straight out to the coast or the rainforest.

San Lorenzo

Tela

Honduras

I might be a bit biased about this place. Tela is where I think that I became irreversibly afflicted with the travel bug. I was 14 and it was my first time traveling without my family. I spent about half a day at a Garafuna village where I had my first fresh coconut and my first meal with a face ...

French Harbour

Coxen Hole

largest town on Roatan, seat of Roatan's government

Comayagua

Honduras

Charming colonial town , warm and laid-back lifestyle. is a must visit if you come to Honduras!

El Progreso