Honeyboba

1 West Duarte Road, Arcadia, CA

• HoneybobaPro 2014
    Schel
    2 Jul 15, 2014

Well... this may surprise some people. I thought this place was horrible. The tea tasted funny, they had almost no boba balls in the drinks, they screwed up my order, and the munchkin didn't even like it and she likes everything to do with boba... talk about cray cray!

I have a few friends that will literally drive 45 min to an hour to go get Honey Boba or demand to stop here after hitting up Din Tai Fung when they are from the OC or LBC. I now wonder what kind of crack they are on. Hell I even think lollicup and quickly are miles ahead of this place *SMH*

So the munchkin and I pulled in here after watching Turbo (yeah yeah great flick go see it if you haven't even if you don't like kids movies its fun). I had promised to get her boba if she was a good girl earlier in the week and she had been so here we were to try this place out. I had wanted to for a while after hearing how some of my friends were gaga over it.

Luckily there was hardly a line when we pulled in. So we quickly got to put in our orders. A mango tea w/boba for the munchkin and a large peach tea w/boba for me. So we wait till our order was up... somewhere between 5-10 minutes (I figure that was good for what I have heard about the lines here). So they call our order out and I go over to grab it and they have made me a small not a large as ordered. I think they just weren't paying attention or someone else ahead of me got my drink!

So they remade my drink into a large. When I got it we took off pretty quickly as we were pretty busy running around. Bad decision... I should have stayed to complain, but I didn't know I needed to yet.

My drink had a weird tang to it. I also noticed that it was missing a bunch of boba. Unless they only put one set amount of boba into their drinks regardless of it being a large or a small... in which case a small is a much better deal. Also there was minimal peach flavor. So my guess is that when they made my small a large, they simply dumped it into a larger glass and added more tea, no more boba or flavoring... =\

The munchkin didn't even hardly touch hers and said it wasn't very good. This coming from a girl who slams a boba like a 420 aficionado hits a bag of chips while high. I have seen her down a boba in under a minute and this time she had maybe a 1/2 inch gone in 5 minutes... O_O

So needless to say I am not a fan. I doubt I will ever go back either... I mean why? So many better and tastier joints than this...

Ngoc Hanh Pham
    4 Mar 29, 2013

Delicious boba place! The lines here are super long, but I think it's worth the wait. The boba is perfectly chewy, not too soft or too hard. Make sure to get pudding with your drink!

Laura S
    4 Feb 12, 2013

DRINK:
    Ice Milk with honey boba and pudding - not bad. It's not like Half & Half (San Gabriel) but it's doable. The quality is good and the large size is big. I'd come here for the drinks.

SERVICE:
    Longggg wait. It took awhile to get our drinks. I was number 67... they were in the 40s. -_-

PARKING:
    Tons but small lot.

AMBIANCE:
    They have a lot of tables and places for you to sit but it can get crowded. We got a seat near the end of the night.

OVERALL:
    Pretty doable if you're too lazy to go to San Gabriel.

Steph Chen
    4 Sep 24, 2012

Ever since Half and Half went downhill (the service isn't as good anymore, it can take forever to get your drink, and the drinks don't seem to be as well-made as they used to be), I've turned to Honeyboba for honey boba milk tea and ice milk drinks. The pudding is really good, and though sometimes it can be on the sweet side, the honey boba ice milk drink always hits the spot. Friendly service, relatively fast. Not a lot of seating space though (it can get packed - it's next to Arcadia High), so prepare to take your drink to go.

560 people visited Honeyboba