Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- HoneyCutApr 15, 2014
Location is confusing - make sure to walk toward the corner of Subway, in an alley !
The latest speakeasy of the town!
I never heard of this place and then all of a sudden my ears were ringing off the hook about it!
We arrived around 10:30 pm and the line was ridiculous..thankfully we busted something sneaky and got in a lot faster than we anticipated!
In one room it was like a disco lounge, where the floor lights up as you dance like John Travolta and another secret room next to the Dj was the another room where its more of a Seventh and Grand Bar feel - with a pool table in the middle and people bunched up near the bar.
overall it was a very hip bar!Recommended for:
- HoneyCutMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Jan 22, 2014
This place is easy to miss. All you see is a small lit up "Honeycut" sign in the middle of an alley. At the time we went in, there was no line... guess we were lucky, because when we left, a lot of people were waiting to get in.
Once you go in, you go down the stairs into an underground hidden bar. Note since it's underground, you probably won't have cell phone reception.
I think the bartender mixed up my drink and my friend's, but it's all good because they were both tasty. I had the Candy's room, which has gin and ginger beer among other things. The other drink (sorry I forgot the name but it was listed first on the board) had apple brandy, a liquor of aloe vera and cucumber, and pear cider. Their cocktail list is definitely interesting. There's also a list of specialty sodas that you can add booze to!
One room has a dance floor with tiles that light up. The other room is darker and has more of a lounge feel. It's worth stopping by and checking out. Chill place.Recommended for:
- HoneyCutMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14First to ReviewJan 02, 2014
honeycut i like you :)
:: WHY? ::
- friendliest bouncer i've ever met
- fancy ($11-$15) crafted-ish cocktails
- dance floor that lights up
- 2 rooms: dance room with old school groovy music and a loungey room that smells like speakeasy (idk y, i've been to several "speakeasy" and that place had that smell... yes I am weird)
- sorta hidden entrance in the alley
- not-so-strict dress code unless a man wears shorts
- i got lucky and getting in + getting booze wasn't as long as expected (we showed up around 10:45 ish)
:: why you don't get 5 stars ::
- Small place, surprisingly I went on a not-so-busy night so i didn't get as claustrophobic
- Fancy expensive cocktails/shots are pre-made so the bartender just pours it for you...an d takes a shot with you.
- If the cocktails are pre-made then it shouldn't take that long to get drinks.
- only two bathroom stalls.
- strawberry cream (homemade soda) with cognac: no, dont get it. Taste like soda water with subtle sweetness and cognac
- overpass ( fireball candy flavored with jameson) $7: good deal good shot
- under "classy as fuck" catham cocktail: friggin strong....ack
- under "pick me up" sun also rises (sherry, rum, marachino lqiour, grapefruit and lime juice): citrus and strong $15 tasted better than it smelled.
- each room has a different cocktail menu, dance floor is cheaper.
- dance room and other room has a piano and a pool table
I will be back :)