Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 69%Business Travelers
- 63%Luxury Travelers
- 63%Green Travelers
- 57%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 57%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (14)Write a review
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaMay 24, 2014
We purchased this condominium home on the ground floor because it is in the most luxurious and best resort in West Maui. The acquatic playground is amazing, with 3 themed pools, 120 foot waterside, and several hot tubs. The resort offers a full service spa, gorgeous beach, poolside cocktail and food service, Duke's Restaurant and Barefoot Bar, Aina gourmet market, and onsite gym facilities, beach rentals - everything you'd expect from a luxury resort hotel.Recommended for:
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 11Feb 21, 2014
One of the best resorts on Maui's west side. The rooms are huge suites, beautiful, modern, and so comfortable. I love seeing so many Maui grown products being used in this resort as well. Very friendly staff and great service. You can't go wrong here.Recommended for:
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Jan 14, 2014
Very well appointed and located condo-hotel situation. There are 3 pools, a Duke's Bar&Grill, and a very pretty beach front area. Well kept grounds. The Condo itself isnt as "Hawaiian" as I prefer - in fact if you closed your eyes and did see the lush scenery you'd think you were in a Vegas hotel! New and nicely furnished with all plates, glasses and kitchen supplies. Big lanai too. Most rooms have a decent view too. Plus you can go be fancy at the Ritz or walk down to the Kaanapali Hotels all within a 30 minute walk or 10 minute drive. In fact, if you wanted you could totally skip the rental car here (thats rarely do-able in Hawaii) bc you can walk to Whalers Village on the beachfront and walk to the Strip Mall with Grocery, Coffee and several take out options.
Here are my nick-picky "area of improvement"
1) Better Pool Management. I didnt bring my kids on this trip and I dont want them at the adult pool near the bar. However, this place has no lifeguards so there's little pool regulation. Plenty of space at 3 pools, one of which is "family" pool but its not really enforced. Says cranky old man ;)
2) Better BBQ Set up - hey I love a good BBQ and they have nice gas viking built-in grills and a decent size area to grill but with just 4 grills for 2 giant complexes it seems a little too little. Also there was a brush but it was no where to be seen/found.
3) Sony Dream Sleeper is no iHome. Its the ipod area. No one uses Song Dream Alarm clocks for a reason. They all have ipods. For a 4 star resort you'd expect better audio set up too.
4) No Rain shower. Very close fixture to a rainshower but not a rainshower. I mean you get granite countertops and then a dinky shower head? I dont get that, rainshowers are cheap and effective way to "spa up" a facility. Plenty of room in Shower for it so I'm just scratching my head as to way it was omitted.
5) Still can't find the iron and ironing board. Might need a call.
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaJul 02, 2014
Honua Kai is my favorite place to stay near Ka'anapali. With a Duke's on-site, as well as Aina Gourmet, you are well taken care of when it comes to food. In addition, the Safeway isn't far, you can park your own car for free, and the accommodations are unbeatable when compared to the other more dated properties that cover the island. The pool(s) are really impressive.Recommended for:
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaMay 30, 2014
It was a welcome change to walk into the Honua Kai and see kids playing soccer on a lawn with a top-notch view of the ocean just beyond. There were little secret swimming pools tucked away here and there. The seclusion made it possible to escape the packs of youngsters splashing around while still enjoying the added youthful cheer from a distance. The room we looked at was 99% perfect. The only two details that detracted from the scene were an unpleasant musty smell in the kitchen and a rumpled sheet being used as a door-stop. Otherwise, the beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were really quiet considering the proximity to the pool just below the balcony. With top of the line appliances, granite counter tops and a really open floor plan, the kitchen was a total fantasy for culinary experiments. Pricey, but a 100% win.Recommended for:
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaSep 13, 2013
Beautiful Resort Located in Lahaina on the Island of Maui. Gorgeous condo style rooms. Fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances. Magnificent views of the ocean. Multiple pools which as not as crowded as many other resorts. Huge multi-room units which are great for large families.Recommended for:
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaJul 04, 2014
We came here last year with our 3 kids and spent a great week at the resort. The kids loved the pool and beach. The grounds are very lush and it even has a pool area for kids. In the morning, the staff allowed the kids to feed the Koi fish which was a big hit. The rooms are so spacious and comfortable. We had two rooms with a lani that we opened every morning to feel the Hawaii breeze.Recommended for:
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaJan 14, 2014
This beautiful destination resort brings the graciousness of the Hawaiian aloha to those who choose to disappear into the warm tropical waters of Maui. Linking culture (check out their artwork on the walls!) with fine resort living, the Honua Kai offers a delicious getaway to soothe the harried soul. Additionally, the resort supports the local causes on the island, making it a valued community member as well.
- Honua Kai Resort & SpaJul 05, 2012
The Honua Kai Resort & Spa is a spacious, yet simple property right on the beautiful shores of Kaanapali Beach. The construction site directly to its left and the never ending grassy field on its right make it stand out like an Egyptian temple. As you enter the lobby, your eyes can't help but look straight past the pool area on to the deep blue of the Pacific Ocean. The "W" shaped design ensures that the majority of rooms will face the beach. However, if sunsets are not your thing, the option to view sugar cane fields ascending West Maui Mountain will most likely be readily available and a pleasant viewing surprise, especially if you're an early riser.
Honua Kai Resort has a health club, an outdoor pool, and a fitness facility. Wireless Internet access is complimentary in public areas. Dining options at this romantic condominium resort
The 318 air-conditioned guestrooms at Honua Kai Resort include CD players and washers/dryers. Rooms open to balconies. Rooms are equipped with flat-panel televisions with cable channels and DVD players. All accommodations provide desks, safes, and direct-dial phones with voice mail; free local calls are offered (restrictions may apply). Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access is provided. Beds have premium bedding. Accommodations all include separate dining areas. All units at this 4-star condominium resort have kitchens with stovetops, microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. Additional amenities include welcome amenities and coffee/tea makers. In addition, housekeeping is offered daily and amenities available on request include in-room massages. All guestrooms at Honua Kai Resort are non-smoking.
- Fitness Center
- Swimming Pool
- Free Hi Speed Internet
Excellent!1265 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 93%.
- Food88% loved the dining experience.
- Hotel87% thought it was clean.
- Location85% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 84%.
- Hotel Building73% enjoyed the lobby entrance.