Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 77%History Buffs
- 51%Green Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Hotel BohemeMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Jul 22, 2013
Wind your way up the rickety stairs to this overly charming boutique hotel. In the heart of Italian North Beach, the hotel echoes the Beat movement that was a staple of this neighborhood. From poetic lampshades in the guest rooms to a mini-museum of local artifacts in the lobby, the Hotel Boheme is designed and decorated for culture lovers who want to surround themselves with local flavors. (Literally: The hotel is in the middle of dozens of Italian restaurants and bakeries.)Recommended for:Local Culture
- Hotel BohemeMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2Aug 20, 2012
Allan Ginsburg stayed here. (There's proof encased behind glass in the lobby of the hotel's connection to the Beat movement and North Beach.) Plus, his name is on some of the cool artsy lampshades in the rooms. This is definitely a local boutique-y hotel (be warned: there are very steep steps from the street to the lobby and rooms). Right in the heart of North Beach with more character than just about anywhere else downtown.
- Hotel BohemeCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesBackpackers+ 4Aug 14, 2013
I love a pretty boutique hotel. Hotel Boheme in San Francisco’s North Beach is such a hotel, exhibiting the cool characteristics of the Italian neighborhood in a hip and sultry setting. After being buzzed in, red hues are apparent. The place looks classic, romantic and even a bit mysterious.
Rooms are classic, spacious and slightly vintage. I loved the decor, including the black-and-white photos of people in San Francisco. Though it’s in a busy area, the interior of Hotel Boheme was peaceful and quiet.
While they don’t provide meals here, hips cafes and restaurants are located right next door. Head to Stella Pastry for a sweet treat or Cavalli Cafe for one of the most Italian cups of cappuccino you’ll ever find in San Francisco.
I really enjoyed this space for its elegant decor and the hotel’s amazing location. It’s simply "classic hip."
Very Good!196 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- BeachWonderful beach. 100% of the guests loved it.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Food100% were happy with the price.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location98% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.