Member Reviews (1)
- Hotel CastelloFirst to ReviewAug 05, 2012
I recently stayed at the hotel Castello with my wife while our friends got married over a perfect weekend in July. We arrived to a wonderful friendly welcome and a private parking space. This is a great family run hotel without any of the pomp and ceremony you get in some of the other hotels I have stayed in. We opted for a junior suite which was found on the top floor with astonishing front line views over the lake and garden. The room enjoyed clean lines and modern bathroom, was spacious and had large private balcony with sun loungers, chairs and parasol. Breakfast was fair but nothing exceptional... For exceptional you have to wait for lunch and dinner. Sat on the hotels restaurant terrace the quality of the pasta, meats and fish in addition to some tasty local wine made the overall experience of staying at the hotel Castello a very pleasurable one indeed. I have stayed in some great hotels all over the world and can say that the value, location and overall experience offered by this hotel has got to be the best Malcesine has to offer. Should the opportunity present it's self again I shall definitely stay here. I'm not sure I can give a higher complement to any hotel and certainly I have stayed at larger more expensive hotels that could learn a great deal from this family run property.
Good!225 reviews across the web.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationLocation is great. 89% satisfied guests.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 71% of guests gave positive comments.
- HotelHotel is ok. Only 69% of guests gave positive comments.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 65% of guests gave positive feedback.
- AmbianceAmbiance is ok. Only 64% of guests gave positive feedback.