Hotel de la Gare du Nord
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 70%Business Travelers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
- 51%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (4)
- Hotel de la Gare du NordMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Nov 26, 2013
For the price range, the Hotel Gare du Nord really does the job. It isn’t incredibly fancy or charming, but it is located next to the big transportation hub, Gare du Nord, the rooms are rather spacious and comfortable, and there are a few nice decorative touches that give it an ambiance: big windows, old pictures of Paris… A pretty good deal overall.
- Hotel de la Gare du NordMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesVegetarian+ 5Nov 18, 2013
This is a hotel located just outside of Gare du Nord train and metro station. It's a neighborhood that at the same time has a lot of buzz, but it's not the safest area in Paris. There are lots of loitering groups of men around the train station. But the location is very convenient if you arrive to Paris by train.
Just as I was thinking that the hotel could do a bit of refreshing inside and out, they are actually just starting to renovate it. The hotel is very simple for a three-star establishment, and it's not the cheapest either, so I'd recommend this for short stays only, as there are much more charming hotels and neighborhoods in Paris.Recommended for:Budget Travelers
- Hotel de la Gare du NordMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Oct 21, 2013
This hotel is located literally outside of the entrance to the Gare du Nord train station, making it a great place for travelers with an early morning departure. Although the lobby and reception area are rather stuffy and outdated, the staff is very kind and ready to help with any concerns.
The rooms are a good size and are decorated very plainly but I liked the black and white vintage photos of Paris, which add a bit of personality to the otherwise beige and brown room. The bathrooms are also larger than most and are very clean. Try to ask for a room on the courtyard, as it is pretty noisy on the street outside.
The hotel will be undergoing renovations from November 2013 to the beginning of May 2014, but it will remain open during this time. It is sure to have a much more modern décor once finished.
Poor1056 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Location100% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 63% of guests gave positive comments.
- Hotel61% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.
- InternetInternet is average. Only 55% of guests gave positive comments.
- Food51% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.