Hotel de la Mer
Member Reviews (2)
- Hotel de la MerJul 05, 2012
The casualness and ease of this hotel made me feel right at home. There are games and books to borrow in the library (Bibles and travel guides in multiple languages, perfect for a visit to the Holy Land). The breakfast area seemed especially bright and lovely and they had available the wonderful spread that you can expect in nice hotels in Israel, and one of the baristas tried very hard to help a fussy older woman get exactly what she wanted – that’s service! The rooms are simple, and recently renovated, with small patios. Their views aren’t much, but you’re only a couple short blocks from the sea, so you probably won’t suffer. All in all, an understated and sensible choice for visitors who don't need something fancy but do appreciate thoughtful, personal touches in a small hotel.
- Hotel de la MerFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
From the outside, this hotel didn't seem like much, but after walking into the space, my opinion quickly changed. The staff was kind and attentive. The front desk manager shared stories about the old Bauhaus building, about its origin, restoration and uniqueness in the area. He also added jokingly that guests are not allowed to leave the hotel without eating breakfast. Hotel de la Mer is a restored Bauhaus building full of beautiful detailing. The rooms are small, but comfortable and the deluxe rooms have a great sea view. Don't forget to check out the rooftop lounging area. It's a comfortable, relaxing way to get out of the hustle and bustle of Tel Aviv. The location is central and very close to the sea, but at the moment, there's a lot of construction in the area, so the vibe isn't the most peaceful you can find in Tel Aviv.
Very Good!1102 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Location100% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Food96% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- BeachWonderful beach. Highly appreciated by 95% of guests.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 71% of guests mentioned it positively.
- HotelOnly 67% considered it to be well-maintained.