Hotel de Rome
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 96%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Hotel de RomeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Mar 12, 2014
Hotel de Rome is a lavish and luxurious place to spend a night (or three), provided you have a thick wallet. Warm and cordial service escorts guests at the door, and the modern yet elegant rooms and large and comfortable. The restaurant and dining areas are decked out with ornate chandeliers and incredible German and Italian food. The hotel, which sits right across from the famous Humboldt University, also reveals stunning views of Berlin. My only gripe is that Internet costs 20 Euros per 24 hours of use -- if you're already paying top rates, it should be included, but then again that's only a drop in the bucket compared to what you're paying overall.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- Hotel de RomeMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersWellness+ 4Mar 05, 2014
This hotel is truly luxurious and unique, as a building dating from 1889, and which for most of the building's history was a bank. The hotel has refurbished as little as possible to keep to the theme, and even features doors that appear to be safe doors on their rooms. The floors, walls, and many other features of the hotel are original from when it was a bank, and the spa is even located in the former vaults. This is a really fantastic place to stay, as it also includes a summer terrace bar, and lots of little design touches that make you feel like you're in the financial hub of the 20s.
Excellent!313 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Location100% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 95%.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 83%.