Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoFeb 12, 2014
Hello Hotel Del Coronado! I was very excited that my boyfriend's friend who was from San Diego and brought us to this beautiful, magical looking hotel to explore.
Hotel Del Coronado is a beach front luxury hotel. If you Google an image of the hotel, it looks like a big castle that's extended onto the beach.
Many tourist will stop by this hotel to either look around or to have a brunch. Yes, there is brunch and happy hour in the hotel. It's about $$ just like a regular resturant during the happy hour. Without the happy hour, I'd say a little bit more expensive.
- Enjoy a drink (no need to be an alcoholic drink, coffee or tea will be just fine) and your food either outside or inside. If you're with your kids, there's a ice cream place for them call the Moo Time Creamery, Should be located inside near the back of the hotel where you walk out onto the beach area.
- Have a romantic date! No need to spend money at the restaurant, there's a strip of restaurants on Orange st where you can eat before you walk onto the beach shore Yup, this hotel owns a part of the beach in their backyard.. ;)
- Run a party or a wedding. I've seen couples getting married at the beach. Very romantic and historical memory these couples are creating.
When you walk into this Hotel, even by looking at the outdoors, and the outside of the rooms with their room facing the beach with a patio, you can imagine how $$$ it'll be to spend A night here. Let's not get carried away with the walk of spending a night.
recommended to visit if you're in San Diego. Must, must!
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Jan 06, 2014
I've never stayed at the Hotel Del, but I've been there plenty of times. If you're in San Diego, do not miss this place. It's iconic. And don't forget to look at the tower. If you're lucky you'll see the ghost of the girl who jumped out of that room.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Oct 20, 2013
Amazing historical hotel on Coronado. Sight of the movie 'Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe. This is a great place to stay when coming to San Diego with a great beach right outside. There are shops and restaurants located inside. Prices are not that steep average $4 for a coffee. The only negatives for staying here is the fact that you are secluded to Coronado unless you have a car or expect to pay min. Of $50 cab fare to get anywhere else
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6Sep 13, 2013
My family went here every summer for 10 years of my childhood and it is a wonderful and magical place. It's changed hands since we used to go there, and it is considerably more expensive now (though really nicely upgraded). But even just a visit to ride up and down in the elevator-operated main elevator is fun -- especially if you're with kids.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofAdventure TravelersBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 3Jul 23, 2013
One of the historical landmark in Coronado Island. This Victorian hotel, built in 1887, is one of America's largest wooden building. The hotel has hosted several presidents and other national figures.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Jan 21, 2013
A gorgeous must-see in San Diego! Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977. P.S. Coronado was recently named No. 1 Best Beach in America for 2012 in the highly anticipated list by Florida International University professor and coastal expert Stephen P. Leatherman, a.k.a. "Dr. Beach".
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Nov 23, 2012
The Hotel Del is tough to beat. It is architecturally spectacular and classic in its styling. Just walking around the property takes you back in time to its origins in the 1880's. The history including Marilyn Monroe's film "Some Like it Hot" adds to its mystique.
Very Good!1170 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive comments.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.