Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Sep 24, 2013
I had my first fish tacos at a stand not 50 feet from here. Best fish tacos ever!! This hotel is massive. It has been kept in pristine condition. The white paint just pops against the blue gray ocean waters. They say the place is haunted however, if I was spending my honeymoon in San Diego this is where I would want to stay. The romantic history of this Victorian era resort for the rich and famous makes a great place for lovers to whale watch and escape.Recommended for:History Buffs
- Hotel del CoronadoFeb 12, 2014
Hello Hotel Del Coronado! I was very excited that my boyfriend's friend who was from San Diego and brought us to this beautiful, magical looking hotel to explore.
Hotel Del Coronado is a beach front luxury hotel. If you Google an image of the hotel, it looks like a big castle that's extended onto the beach.
Many tourist will stop by this hotel to either look around or to have a brunch. Yes, there is brunch and happy hour in the hotel. It's about $$ just like a regular resturant during the happy hour. Without the happy hour, I'd say a little bit more expensive.
- Enjoy a drink (no need to be an alcoholic drink, coffee or tea will be just fine) and your food either outside or inside. If you're with your kids, there's a ice cream place for them call the Moo Time Creamery, Should be located inside near the back of the hotel where you walk out onto the beach area.
- Have a romantic date! No need to spend money at the restaurant, there's a strip of restaurants on Orange st where you can eat before you walk onto the beach shore Yup, this hotel owns a part of the beach in their backyard.. ;)
- Run a party or a wedding. I've seen couples getting married at the beach. Very romantic and historical memory these couples are creating.
When you walk into this Hotel, even by looking at the outdoors, and the outside of the rooms with their room facing the beach with a patio, you can imagine how $$$ it'll be to spend A night here. Let's not get carried away with the walk of spending a night.
recommended to visit if you're in San Diego. Must, must!
- Hotel del CoronadoFirst to ReviewJan 31, 2014
It is a Historic Hotel built in the 1800's. there is story about BABCOCK and STORY EMPORIUM.
The beautiful stranger-- The ghost of KATE MORGAN and the Hotel del Coronado. KATE MORGAN's suicide at the
Hotel del Coronado in November 1892 generated widespread publicity thoughtout the state. Because little was known about Kate's identity, the press to refer to her as the " Beautiful Stranger"
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesVegetarian+ 2Jan 06, 2014
Never actually stayed here but have spent the last 25 years visiting the Del at Christmastime and taking out of town guests here for the view, the history and just the ambiance.
During Christmastime, the giant tree in the lobby is a highlight with a different theme every year. They also have a fun beach-themed tree downstairs in the bar. The skating rink set up by the beach is fun for people watching.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 3Oct 25, 2013
If you are looking for elegance but still want to experience a resort this is the property for you.
It is a bit stuffy but the service is impeccable and most of the staff have been there for years so they remember your needs and that is a really special quality.
The rooms are comfortable and if you are staying here and can afford to upgrade then do get an Ocean Front Room.
The 24 hour room service and fabulous restaurants make this a family favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 19, 2013
Even if you can't afford to stay at this historic oceanfront resort, which has hosted US presidents, royalty and even Marilyn Monroe, at least swing by to walk the halls and have a sunset drink at the Babcock & Story Bar or outdoors on the patio. If you're looking for ultra-romance, bedding down overnight in one of the Hotel Del's plush hotel rooms may work miracles.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 06, 2013
The "del" is a great place to just walk around, people watch and shop. The sundeck is awesome for sunsets and Sunday afternoon there is live music. Don't miss Gonzo performing in the B&S Bar - he's a local favorite.
Very Good!1170 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive comments.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.