Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Jan 06, 2014
I've never stayed at the Hotel Del, but I've been there plenty of times. If you're in San Diego, do not miss this place. It's iconic. And don't forget to look at the tower. If you're lucky you'll see the ghost of the girl who jumped out of that room.
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 06, 2013
The "del" is a great place to just walk around, people watch and shop. The sundeck is awesome for sunsets and Sunday afternoon there is live music. Don't miss Gonzo performing in the B&S Bar - he's a local favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 3Oct 25, 2013
If you are looking for elegance but still want to experience a resort this is the property for you.
It is a bit stuffy but the service is impeccable and most of the staff have been there for years so they remember your needs and that is a really special quality.
The rooms are comfortable and if you are staying here and can afford to upgrade then do get an Ocean Front Room.
The 24 hour room service and fabulous restaurants make this a family favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Oct 20, 2013
Amazing historical hotel on Coronado. Sight of the movie 'Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe. This is a great place to stay when coming to San Diego with a great beach right outside. There are shops and restaurants located inside. Prices are not that steep average $4 for a coffee. The only negatives for staying here is the fact that you are secluded to Coronado unless you have a car or expect to pay min. Of $50 cab fare to get anywhere else
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Oct 11, 2013
Redolent with history, yet full of contemporary luxuries, the Hotel del Coronado is one of the best hotels in the United States. Even has a few ghost stories of its own.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 3Jul 23, 2013
One of the historical landmark in Coronado Island. This Victorian hotel, built in 1887, is one of America's largest wooden building. The hotel has hosted several presidents and other national figures.Recommended for:History Buffs
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 5Jun 25, 2013
If you love history and beautiful architecture, this is one place you would want to visit if you are unable to stay there. The grounds and white sandy beaches are beautiful.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Jan 21, 2013
A gorgeous must-see in San Diego! Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977. P.S. Coronado was recently named No. 1 Best Beach in America for 2012 in the highly anticipated list by Florida International University professor and coastal expert Stephen P. Leatherman, a.k.a. "Dr. Beach".
Very Good!1172 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Beach90% appreciated the clean beach.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.