Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del Coronado
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 23, 2012
The Hotel Del is tough to beat. It is architecturally spectacular and classic in its styling. Just walking around the property takes you back in time to its origins in the 1880's. The history including Marilyn Monroe's film "Some Like it Hot" adds to its mystique.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesSep 12, 2012
My bridesmaids booked my bachelorette party here because I wanted a mellow time. They are so sweet. I am so surprised and I felt so spoiled because Hotel Del Coronado is absolutely beautiful with a beach front area so you can walk to the ocean. This is a classy stay and many presidents have stayed here. www.sailorgirlfriend.com
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureVegetarian+ 2Jan 06, 2014
Never actually stayed here but have spent the last 25 years visiting the Del at Christmastime and taking out of town guests here for the view, the history and just the ambiance.
During Christmastime, the giant tree in the lobby is a highlight with a different theme every year. They also have a fun beach-themed tree downstairs in the bar. The skating rink set up by the beach is fun for people watching.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Sep 24, 2013
I had my first fish tacos at a stand not 50 feet from here. Best fish tacos ever!! This hotel is massive. It has been kept in pristine condition. The white paint just pops against the blue gray ocean waters. They say the place is haunted however, if I was spending my honeymoon in San Diego this is where I would want to stay. The romantic history of this Victorian era resort for the rich and famous makes a great place for lovers to whale watch and escape.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Aug 31, 2012
The Hotel Del is a great place to walk around when family and friends are in town. It's definitely a tourist destination, and prices reflect that ( a Coke at the bar was $5.25). That said, it's still a fun place to visit, and a very San Diego spot.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 1Jul 05, 2012
This place is absolutely unique. It is so big and romantic. I felt like being in Marylin's film when I was here. We went only for lunch so I can't say how hospitality is. However I liked very much comon areas and the direct access on the beach. There are also boutiques inside. Lunch was fine and absolutely relaxing.
Very Good!1172 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Beach90% appreciated the clean beach.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.