Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del Coronado
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 3Oct 25, 2013
If you are looking for elegance but still want to experience a resort this is the property for you.
It is a bit stuffy but the service is impeccable and most of the staff have been there for years so they remember your needs and that is a really special quality.
The rooms are comfortable and if you are staying here and can afford to upgrade then do get an Ocean Front Room.
The 24 hour room service and fabulous restaurants make this a family favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 19, 2013
Even if you can't afford to stay at this historic oceanfront resort, which has hosted US presidents, royalty and even Marilyn Monroe, at least swing by to walk the halls and have a sunset drink at the Babcock & Story Bar or outdoors on the patio. If you're looking for ultra-romance, bedding down overnight in one of the Hotel Del's plush hotel rooms may work miracles.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsSep 23, 2013
I LOVE this place! If you are here around Christmas/New Years Day it is a must see! Every winter they set up a outdoor ice skating overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Point Loma. The views are breathtaking and this place takes you a step back in time! This is such a fun time for a romantic date or the whole family! Even if you just come for a couple of hours! Grab a cup of hot coco take a stroll around the beautiful nostalgic building and manicured grounds and then watch the sun sink into the Pacific! Highly recommend!
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofHistory BuffsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Jan 06, 2014
I've never stayed at the Hotel Del, but I've been there plenty of times. If you're in San Diego, do not miss this place. It's iconic. And don't forget to look at the tower. If you're lucky you'll see the ghost of the girl who jumped out of that room.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofHistory BuffsLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6Sep 13, 2013
My family went here every summer for 10 years of my childhood and it is a wonderful and magical place. It's changed hands since we used to go there, and it is considerably more expensive now (though really nicely upgraded). But even just a visit to ride up and down in the elevator-operated main elevator is fun -- especially if you're with kids.Recommended for:Family Travelers
Very Good!1170 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive comments.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.