Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 19, 2013
Even if you can't afford to stay at this historic oceanfront resort, which has hosted US presidents, royalty and even Marilyn Monroe, at least swing by to walk the halls and have a sunset drink at the Babcock & Story Bar or outdoors on the patio. If you're looking for ultra-romance, bedding down overnight in one of the Hotel Del's plush hotel rooms may work miracles.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 06, 2013
The "del" is a great place to just walk around, people watch and shop. The sundeck is awesome for sunsets and Sunday afternoon there is live music. Don't miss Gonzo performing in the B&S Bar - he's a local favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Sep 24, 2013
I had my first fish tacos at a stand not 50 feet from here. Best fish tacos ever!! This hotel is massive. It has been kept in pristine condition. The white paint just pops against the blue gray ocean waters. They say the place is haunted however, if I was spending my honeymoon in San Diego this is where I would want to stay. The romantic history of this Victorian era resort for the rich and famous makes a great place for lovers to whale watch and escape.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsSep 23, 2013
I LOVE this place! If you are here around Christmas/New Years Day it is a must see! Every winter they set up a outdoor ice skating overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Point Loma. The views are breathtaking and this place takes you a step back in time! This is such a fun time for a romantic date or the whole family! Even if you just come for a couple of hours! Grab a cup of hot coco take a stroll around the beautiful nostalgic building and manicured grounds and then watch the sun sink into the Pacific! Highly recommend!
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Sep 13, 2013
My family went here every summer for 10 years of my childhood and it is a wonderful and magical place. It's changed hands since we used to go there, and it is considerably more expensive now (though really nicely upgraded). But even just a visit to ride up and down in the elevator-operated main elevator is fun -- especially if you're with kids.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofBudget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies+ 3Jul 23, 2013
One of the historical landmark in Coronado Island. This Victorian hotel, built in 1887, is one of America's largest wooden building. The hotel has hosted several presidents and other national figures.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Jun 25, 2013
If you love history and beautiful architecture, this is one place you would want to visit if you are unable to stay there. The grounds and white sandy beaches are beautiful.
- Hotel del CoronadoMay 21, 2013
If you haven't seen the Hotel Del, then this is worth a stop. You can wander the grounds and get great photos. There are great shops but they are a bit pricey. They do offer Moo Time, a great ice cream shop!
While in Coronado, take time to wander the sidewalks and venture into the boutiques. Lots of great finds! There is a Burger Lounge on the main drag, Orange Ave., that offers great food.
- Hotel del CoronadoFeb 20, 2013
The hotel is a must see at Christmas time but book a reservation for the historical society tour to really get to know the place. Enjoy a drink at the Babcock & Story bar, savor the 1900 restaurant or just stroll the grounds - full of Victorian elegance.
Very Good!1170 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive comments.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.