Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 92%Family Travelers
- 88%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Art & Design Lovers
- 70%Business Travelers
- 67%Local Culture
- 65%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (92)Write a review
- Hotel del CoronadoJun 11, 2014
Hello Hotel Del Coronado! I was very excited that my boyfriend's friend who was from San Diego and brought us to this beautiful, magical looking hotel to explore.
Hotel Del Coronado is a beach front luxury hotel. If you Google an image of the hotel, it looks like a big castle that's extended onto the beach.
Many tourist will stop by this hotel to either look around or to have a brunch. Yes, there is brunch and happy hour in the hotel. It's about $$ just like a regular resturant during the happy hour. Without the happy hour, I'd say a little bit more expensive.
- Enjoy a drink (no need to be an alcoholic drink, coffee or tea will be just fine) and your food either outside or inside. If you're with your kids, there's a ice cream place for them call the Moo Time Creamery, Should be located inside near the back of the hotel where you walk out onto the beach area.
- Have a romantic date! No need to spend money at the restaurant, there's a strip of restaurants on Orange st where you can eat before you walk onto the beach shore Yup, this hotel owns a part of the beach in their backyard.. ;)
- Run a party or a wedding. I've seen couples getting married at the beach. Very romantic and historical memory these couples are creating.
When you walk into this Hotel, even by looking at the outdoors, and the outside of the rooms with their room facing the beach with a patio, you can imagine how $$$ it'll be to spend A night here. Let's not get carried away with the walk of spending a night.
recommended to visit if you're in San Diego. Must, must!Recommended for:
- Hotel del Coronado
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 6Jul 12, 2014
THIS IS A MAGICAL PLACE!
After an awe-inspiring walking journey, we returned to catch the next trolley. This time, we headed for Coronado. More class and elegance and incredible views. It was especially relaxing to enjoy a waffle cone on the ocean-view deck at the Hotel del Coronado. Talk about class! Naturally, we took off our shoes and walked the beach.
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Jul 14, 2014
Wow! This hotel is absolutely stunning. It costs and arm and a leg to stay as a guest, but even if you aren't, it's worth it to go inside and explore the history. We walked in from the beach by one of the restaurants. Just inside, beyond the restaurants is a set of bathrooms. Off in one of the small halls is a set of display cases telling the story of Hotel Del's beginnings, history, and how it was almost taken down. Now it's a historic landmark with celebs like Marilyn Monroe as previous guests and former presidents have also hosted grand events here.
During summer, you're bound to come across at least one wedding. When we were here, a crew hauling things into one of the ballrooms for a reception. I wandered to the entrance for a peek. It's going to be a grand wedding.
You'll also want to go to the main lobby. The dark wood stairs as you wander through the hall is beautiful. When you reach the main hall, take a in the high, latticed ceiling. And the elevator! I wish I could have actually taken a ride; I was afraid to ask. It's an old school elevator that still works, with a human elevator operator inside!
One day...I'd love to stay at the hotel for a night...Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerAmbassadorMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 6Jul 21, 2014
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Mar 17, 2014
I've never stayed at the Hotel Del, but I've been there plenty of times. If you're in San Diego, do not miss this place. It's iconic. And don't forget to look at the tower. If you're lucky you'll see the ghost of the girl who jumped out of that room.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Oct 20, 2013
Amazing historical hotel on Coronado. Sight of the movie 'Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe. This is a great place to stay when coming to San Diego with a great beach right outside. There are shops and restaurants located inside. Prices are not that steep average $4 for a coffee. The only negatives for staying here is the fact that you are secluded to Coronado unless you have a car or expect to pay min. Of $50 cab fare to get anywhere elseRecommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofNightlife LoversBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 3Jul 23, 2013
One of the historical landmark in Coronado Island. This Victorian hotel, built in 1887, is one of America's largest wooden building. The hotel has hosted several presidents and other national figures.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Sep 24, 2013
I had my first fish tacos at a stand not 50 feet from here. Best fish tacos ever!! This hotel is massive. It has been kept in pristine condition. The white paint just pops against the blue gray ocean waters. They say the place is haunted however, if I was spending my honeymoon in San Diego this is where I would want to stay. The romantic history of this Victorian era resort for the rich and famous makes a great place for lovers to whale watch and escape.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoJul 12, 2014
This gorgeous historic landmark hotel in San Diego is just across the Coronado Bridge on Coronado Island. Visit this hotel even if you do not intend to stay here. It is truly unique, has great history, and is a fun place to visit regardless. The rooms are very nice, as is the service and the food.
- Hotel del CoronadoFirst to ReviewJul 20, 2014
It is a Historic Hotel built in the 1800's. there is story about BABCOCK and STORY EMPORIUM.
The beautiful stranger-- The ghost of KATE MORGAN and the Hotel del Coronado. KATE MORGAN's suicide at the
Hotel del Coronado in November 1892 generated widespread publicity thoughtout the state. Because little was known about Kate's identity, the press to refer to her as the " Beautiful Stranger"
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureStudentsBackpackersAdventure TravelersJan 16, 2014
Historic, haunting, and famous, this Victorian-style landmark is the #1 tourist destination in Coronado – and one of the most famous hotels in the entire country. If you can afford it, your stay will be memorable. The rooms are elegantly old-fashioned and classic, the lobby is old, dark, and luxurious, and the restaurants feature 5-star dining and top chefs. If you can't afford to stay, you can still walk the grounds, do some shopping in the basement mall, or sip a cocktail on their beach deck. Weddings take place in their courtyard and gazebo, which are beautiful to behold. The surrounding area is pristine beach, palm trees, and a boardwalk filled with strolling lovers, kids, and bicycles enjoying the coastal scene. Read up on the ghost stories surrounding this 120-year-old Southern California majesty, watch a Pacific sunset splash the red-shingled roof golden, and partake in a bit of grandeur at the Hotel Del Coronado.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesVegetarian+ 2Jan 06, 2014
Never actually stayed here but have spent the last 25 years visiting the Del at Christmastime and taking out of town guests here for the view, the history and just the ambiance.
During Christmastime, the giant tree in the lobby is a highlight with a different theme every year. They also have a fun beach-themed tree downstairs in the bar. The skating rink set up by the beach is fun for people watching.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 3Oct 25, 2013
If you are looking for elegance but still want to experience a resort this is the property for you.
It is a bit stuffy but the service is impeccable and most of the staff have been there for years so they remember your needs and that is a really special quality.
The rooms are comfortable and if you are staying here and can afford to upgrade then do get an Ocean Front Room.
The 24 hour room service and fabulous restaurants make this a family favorite.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofWellnessGreen TravelersStudentsAdventure TravelersOct 19, 2013
Even if you can't afford to stay at this historic oceanfront resort, which has hosted US presidents, royalty and even Marilyn Monroe, at least swing by to walk the halls and have a sunset drink at the Babcock & Story Bar or outdoors on the patio. If you're looking for ultra-romance, bedding down overnight in one of the Hotel Del's plush hotel rooms may work miracles.Recommended for:
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
Very Good!1243 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Beach90% appreciated the clean beach.
- Ambiance86% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Location83% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 76%.
- Food73% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.