Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoMay 21, 2013
If you haven't seen the Hotel Del, then this is worth a stop. You can wander the grounds and get great photos. There are great shops but they are a bit pricey. They do offer Moo Time, a great ice cream shop!
While in Coronado, take time to wander the sidewalks and venture into the boutiques. Lots of great finds! There is a Burger Lounge on the main drag, Orange Ave., that offers great food.
- Hotel del CoronadoFeb 20, 2013
The hotel is a must see at Christmas time but book a reservation for the historical society tour to really get to know the place. Enjoy a drink at the Babcock & Story bar, savor the 1900 restaurant or just stroll the grounds - full of Victorian elegance.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Jan 21, 2013
A gorgeous must-see in San Diego! Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977. P.S. Coronado was recently named No. 1 Best Beach in America for 2012 in the highly anticipated list by Florida International University professor and coastal expert Stephen P. Leatherman, a.k.a. "Dr. Beach".
- Hotel del CoronadoDec 19, 2012
The oldest grand dame hotel in San Diego and really still the best. Right on the beach, there are always weddings and tourists and often good music. You can ice skate in the winter and you can enjoy a sunset cocktail in the summer. Everything's pricey, but you really go for the ambiance. Croquet anyone??
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Dec 06, 2012
Always a go-to spot for walking by the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the sea breeze, southern California sun, and scenery. Lots of little shops in the hotel for the window shopper in you :-)
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 23, 2012
The Hotel Del is tough to beat. It is architecturally spectacular and classic in its styling. Just walking around the property takes you back in time to its origins in the 1880's. The history including Marilyn Monroe's film "Some Like it Hot" adds to its mystique.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesSep 12, 2012
My bridesmaids booked my bachelorette party here because I wanted a mellow time. They are so sweet. I am so surprised and I felt so spoiled because Hotel Del Coronado is absolutely beautiful with a beach front area so you can walk to the ocean. This is a classy stay and many presidents have stayed here. www.sailorgirlfriend.com
Very Good!1170 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive comments.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.