Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 95%History Buffs
- 87%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 65%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (83)
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 9Oct 20, 2013
Amazing historical hotel on Coronado. Sight of the movie 'Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe. This is a great place to stay when coming to San Diego with a great beach right outside. There are shops and restaurants located inside. Prices are not that steep average $4 for a coffee. The only negatives for staying here is the fact that you are secluded to Coronado unless you have a car or expect to pay min. Of $50 cab fare to get anywhere elseRecommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 11Oct 11, 2013
Redolent with history, yet full of contemporary luxuries, the Hotel del Coronado is one of the best hotels in the United States. Even has a few ghost stories of its own.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 6Sep 13, 2013
My family went here every summer for 10 years of my childhood and it is a wonderful and magical place. It's changed hands since we used to go there, and it is considerably more expensive now (though really nicely upgraded). But even just a visit to ride up and down in the elevator-operated main elevator is fun -- especially if you're with kids.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 5Jun 25, 2013
If you love history and beautiful architecture, this is one place you would want to visit if you are unable to stay there. The grounds and white sandy beaches are beautiful.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Jan 21, 2013
A gorgeous must-see in San Diego! Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977. P.S. Coronado was recently named No. 1 Best Beach in America for 2012 in the highly anticipated list by Florida International University professor and coastal expert Stephen P. Leatherman, a.k.a. "Dr. Beach".
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 5Dec 06, 2012
Always a go-to spot for walking by the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the sea breeze, southern California sun, and scenery. Lots of little shops in the hotel for the window shopper in you :-)
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 23, 2012
The Hotel Del is tough to beat. It is architecturally spectacular and classic in its styling. Just walking around the property takes you back in time to its origins in the 1880's. The history including Marilyn Monroe's film "Some Like it Hot" adds to its mystique.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsSep 23, 2013
I LOVE this place! If you are here around Christmas/New Years Day it is a must see! Every winter they set up a outdoor ice skating overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Point Loma. The views are breathtaking and this place takes you a step back in time! This is such a fun time for a romantic date or the whole family! Even if you just come for a couple of hours! Grab a cup of hot coco take a stroll around the beautiful nostalgic building and manicured grounds and then watch the sun sink into the Pacific! Highly recommend!Recommended for:
Very Good!1186 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance95% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location85% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 75%.
- Food75% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.