Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofSpiritual SeekersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Jan 06, 2014
I've never stayed at the Hotel Del, but I've been there plenty of times. If you're in San Diego, do not miss this place. It's iconic. And don't forget to look at the tower. If you're lucky you'll see the ghost of the girl who jumped out of that room.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofSpiritual SeekersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Oct 20, 2013
Amazing historical hotel on Coronado. Sight of the movie 'Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe. This is a great place to stay when coming to San Diego with a great beach right outside. There are shops and restaurants located inside. Prices are not that steep average $4 for a coffee. The only negatives for staying here is the fact that you are secluded to Coronado unless you have a car or expect to pay min. Of $50 cab fare to get anywhere else
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofSpiritual SeekersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Oct 11, 2013
Redolent with history, yet full of contemporary luxuries, the Hotel del Coronado is one of the best hotels in the United States. Even has a few ghost stories of its own.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofSpiritual SeekersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Sep 24, 2013
I had my first fish tacos at a stand not 50 feet from here. Best fish tacos ever!! This hotel is massive. It has been kept in pristine condition. The white paint just pops against the blue gray ocean waters. They say the place is haunted however, if I was spending my honeymoon in San Diego this is where I would want to stay. The romantic history of this Victorian era resort for the rich and famous makes a great place for lovers to whale watch and escape.Recommended for:History Buffs
- Hotel del CoronadoFeb 12, 2014
Hello Hotel Del Coronado! I was very excited that my boyfriend's friend who was from San Diego and brought us to this beautiful, magical looking hotel to explore.
Hotel Del Coronado is a beach front luxury hotel. If you Google an image of the hotel, it looks like a big castle that's extended onto the beach.
Many tourist will stop by this hotel to either look around or to have a brunch. Yes, there is brunch and happy hour in the hotel. It's about $$ just like a regular resturant during the happy hour. Without the happy hour, I'd say a little bit more expensive.
- Enjoy a drink (no need to be an alcoholic drink, coffee or tea will be just fine) and your food either outside or inside. If you're with your kids, there's a ice cream place for them call the Moo Time Creamery, Should be located inside near the back of the hotel where you walk out onto the beach area.
- Have a romantic date! No need to spend money at the restaurant, there's a strip of restaurants on Orange st where you can eat before you walk onto the beach shore Yup, this hotel owns a part of the beach in their backyard.. ;)
- Run a party or a wedding. I've seen couples getting married at the beach. Very romantic and historical memory these couples are creating.
When you walk into this Hotel, even by looking at the outdoors, and the outside of the rooms with their room facing the beach with a patio, you can imagine how $$$ it'll be to spend A night here. Let's not get carried away with the walk of spending a night.
recommended to visit if you're in San Diego. Must, must!
- Hotel del CoronadoFirst to ReviewJan 31, 2014
It is a Historic Hotel built in the 1800's. there is story about BABCOCK and STORY EMPORIUM.
The beautiful stranger-- The ghost of KATE MORGAN and the Hotel del Coronado. KATE MORGAN's suicide at the
Hotel del Coronado in November 1892 generated widespread publicity thoughtout the state. Because little was known about Kate's identity, the press to refer to her as the " Beautiful Stranger"
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofStudentsBackpackersJan 16, 2014
Historic, haunting, and famous, this Victorian-style landmark is the #1 tourist destination in Coronado – and one of the most famous hotels in the entire country. If you can afford it, your stay will be memorable. The rooms are elegantly old-fashioned and classic, the lobby is old, dark, and luxurious, and the restaurants feature 5-star dining and top chefs. If you can't afford to stay, you can still walk the grounds, do some shopping in the basement mall, or sip a cocktail on their beach deck. Weddings take place in their courtyard and gazebo, which are beautiful to behold. The surrounding area is pristine beach, palm trees, and a boardwalk filled with strolling lovers, kids, and bicycles enjoying the coastal scene. Read up on the ghost stories surrounding this 120-year-old Southern California majesty, watch a Pacific sunset splash the red-shingled roof golden, and partake in a bit of grandeur at the Hotel Del Coronado.
Very Good!1172 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Beach90% appreciated the clean beach.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.