Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
User Reviews (81 Reviews)
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 06, 2013
The "del" is a great place to just walk around, people watch and shop. The sundeck is awesome for sunsets and Sunday afternoon there is live music. Don't miss Gonzo performing in the B&S Bar - he's a local favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Gorgeous view and one of the top hotels in all of San Diego. Weddings are held here all the time and various celebrities and presidents have stayed here. At one time it was the largest hotel resort in the world.
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 8Jan 06, 2014
I've never stayed at the Hotel Del, but I've been there plenty of times. If you're in San Diego, do not miss this place. It's iconic. And don't forget to look at the tower. If you're lucky you'll see the ghost of the girl who jumped out of that room.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 3Oct 25, 2013
If you are looking for elegance but still want to experience a resort this is the property for you.
It is a bit stuffy but the service is impeccable and most of the staff have been there for years so they remember your needs and that is a really special quality.
The rooms are comfortable and if you are staying here and can afford to upgrade then do get an Ocean Front Room.
The 24 hour room service and fabulous restaurants make this a family favorite.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Oct 20, 2013
Amazing historical hotel on Coronado. Sight of the movie 'Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe. This is a great place to stay when coming to San Diego with a great beach right outside. There are shops and restaurants located inside. Prices are not that steep average $4 for a coffee. The only negatives for staying here is the fact that you are secluded to Coronado unless you have a car or expect to pay min. Of $50 cab fare to get anywhere else
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Sep 24, 2013
I had my first fish tacos at a stand not 50 feet from here. Best fish tacos ever!! This hotel is massive. It has been kept in pristine condition. The white paint just pops against the blue gray ocean waters. They say the place is haunted however, if I was spending my honeymoon in San Diego this is where I would want to stay. The romantic history of this Victorian era resort for the rich and famous makes a great place for lovers to whale watch and escape.Recommended for:History Buffs
Very Good!2203 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for winter sports.
- Ambiance93% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach90% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is great. 81% of the guests liked it.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food70% loved the menu selection.