Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoFeb 12, 2014
Hello Hotel Del Coronado! I was very excited that my boyfriend's friend who was from San Diego and brought us to this beautiful, magical looking hotel to explore.
Hotel Del Coronado is a beach front luxury hotel. If you Google an image of the hotel, it looks like a big castle that's extended onto the beach.
Many tourist will stop by this hotel to either look around or to have a brunch. Yes, there is brunch and happy hour in the hotel. It's about $$ just like a regular resturant during the happy hour. Without the happy hour, I'd say a little bit more expensive.
- Enjoy a drink (no need to be an alcoholic drink, coffee or tea will be just fine) and your food either outside or inside. If you're with your kids, there's a ice cream place for them call the Moo Time Creamery, Should be located inside near the back of the hotel where you walk out onto the beach area.
- Have a romantic date! No need to spend money at the restaurant, there's a strip of restaurants on Orange st where you can eat before you walk onto the beach shore Yup, this hotel owns a part of the beach in their backyard.. ;)
- Run a party or a wedding. I've seen couples getting married at the beach. Very romantic and historical memory these couples are creating.
When you walk into this Hotel, even by looking at the outdoors, and the outside of the rooms with their room facing the beach with a patio, you can imagine how $$$ it'll be to spend A night here. Let's not get carried away with the walk of spending a night.
recommended to visit if you're in San Diego. Must, must!
- Hotel del CoronadoFirst to ReviewJan 31, 2014
It is a Historic Hotel built in the 1800's. there is story about BABCOCK and STORY EMPORIUM.
The beautiful stranger-- The ghost of KATE MORGAN and the Hotel del Coronado. KATE MORGAN's suicide at the
Hotel del Coronado in November 1892 generated widespread publicity thoughtout the state. Because little was known about Kate's identity, the press to refer to her as the " Beautiful Stranger"
- Hotel del CoronadoAmbassadorMember ofStudentsBackpackersJan 16, 2014
Historic, haunting, and famous, this Victorian-style landmark is the #1 tourist destination in Coronado – and one of the most famous hotels in the entire country. If you can afford it, your stay will be memorable. The rooms are elegantly old-fashioned and classic, the lobby is old, dark, and luxurious, and the restaurants feature 5-star dining and top chefs. If you can't afford to stay, you can still walk the grounds, do some shopping in the basement mall, or sip a cocktail on their beach deck. Weddings take place in their courtyard and gazebo, which are beautiful to behold. The surrounding area is pristine beach, palm trees, and a boardwalk filled with strolling lovers, kids, and bicycles enjoying the coastal scene. Read up on the ghost stories surrounding this 120-year-old Southern California majesty, watch a Pacific sunset splash the red-shingled roof golden, and partake in a bit of grandeur at the Hotel Del Coronado.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesVegetarian+ 2Jan 06, 2014
Never actually stayed here but have spent the last 25 years visiting the Del at Christmastime and taking out of town guests here for the view, the history and just the ambiance.
During Christmastime, the giant tree in the lobby is a highlight with a different theme every year. They also have a fun beach-themed tree downstairs in the bar. The skating rink set up by the beach is fun for people watching.
- Hotel del CoronadoOct 19, 2013
Even if you can't afford to stay at this historic oceanfront resort, which has hosted US presidents, royalty and even Marilyn Monroe, at least swing by to walk the halls and have a sunset drink at the Babcock & Story Bar or outdoors on the patio. If you're looking for ultra-romance, bedding down overnight in one of the Hotel Del's plush hotel rooms may work miracles.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Oct 11, 2013
Redolent with history, yet full of contemporary luxuries, the Hotel del Coronado is one of the best hotels in the United States. Even has a few ghost stories of its own.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsSep 23, 2013
I LOVE this place! If you are here around Christmas/New Years Day it is a must see! Every winter they set up a outdoor ice skating overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Point Loma. The views are breathtaking and this place takes you a step back in time! This is such a fun time for a romantic date or the whole family! Even if you just come for a couple of hours! Grab a cup of hot coco take a stroll around the beautiful nostalgic building and manicured grounds and then watch the sun sink into the Pacific! Highly recommend!
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Sep 13, 2013
My family went here every summer for 10 years of my childhood and it is a wonderful and magical place. It's changed hands since we used to go there, and it is considerably more expensive now (though really nicely upgraded). But even just a visit to ride up and down in the elevator-operated main elevator is fun -- especially if you're with kids.Recommended for:Family Travelers
Very Good!1170 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive comments.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.