Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 94%Family Travelers
- 86%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 69%Local Culture
- 67%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 66%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (90)Write a review
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Jun 14, 2014
Redolent with history, yet full of contemporary luxuries, the Hotel del Coronado is one of the best hotels in the United States. Even has a few ghost stories of its own.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsSep 23, 2013
I LOVE this place! If you are here around Christmas/New Years Day it is a must see! Every winter they set up a outdoor ice skating overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Point Loma. The views are breathtaking and this place takes you a step back in time! This is such a fun time for a romantic date or the whole family! Even if you just come for a couple of hours! Grab a cup of hot coco take a stroll around the beautiful nostalgic building and manicured grounds and then watch the sun sink into the Pacific! Highly recommend!Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Sep 13, 2013
My family went here every summer for 10 years of my childhood and it is a wonderful and magical place. It's changed hands since we used to go there, and it is considerably more expensive now (though really nicely upgraded). But even just a visit to ride up and down in the elevator-operated main elevator is fun -- especially if you're with kids.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofBudget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies+ 3Jul 23, 2013
One of the historical landmark in Coronado Island. This Victorian hotel, built in 1887, is one of America's largest wooden building. The hotel has hosted several presidents and other national figures.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Jun 25, 2013
If you love history and beautiful architecture, this is one place you would want to visit if you are unable to stay there. The grounds and white sandy beaches are beautiful.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMay 21, 2013
If you haven't seen the Hotel Del, then this is worth a stop. You can wander the grounds and get great photos. There are great shops but they are a bit pricey. They do offer Moo Time, a great ice cream shop!
While in Coronado, take time to wander the sidewalks and venture into the boutiques. Lots of great finds! There is a Burger Lounge on the main drag, Orange Ave., that offers great food.
- Hotel del CoronadoCommunity ManagerAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Jan 21, 2013
A gorgeous must-see in San Diego! Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977. P.S. Coronado was recently named No. 1 Best Beach in America for 2012 in the highly anticipated list by Florida International University professor and coastal expert Stephen P. Leatherman, a.k.a. "Dr. Beach".
- Hotel del CoronadoDec 19, 2012
The oldest grand dame hotel in San Diego and really still the best. Right on the beach, there are always weddings and tourists and often good music. You can ice skate in the winter and you can enjoy a sunset cocktail in the summer. Everything's pricey, but you really go for the ambiance. Croquet anyone??
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Dec 06, 2012
Always a go-to spot for walking by the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the sea breeze, southern California sun, and scenery. Lots of little shops in the hotel for the window shopper in you :-)
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 23, 2012
The Hotel Del is tough to beat. It is architecturally spectacular and classic in its styling. Just walking around the property takes you back in time to its origins in the 1880's. The history including Marilyn Monroe's film "Some Like it Hot" adds to its mystique.Recommended for:
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureFamily TravelersFoodiesSep 12, 2012
My bridesmaids booked my bachelorette party here because I wanted a mellow time. They are so sweet. I am so surprised and I felt so spoiled because Hotel Del Coronado is absolutely beautiful with a beach front area so you can walk to the ocean. This is a classy stay and many presidents have stayed here. www.sailorgirlfriend.com
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Aug 31, 2012
The Hotel Del is a great place to walk around when family and friends are in town. It's definitely a tourist destination, and prices reflect that ( a Coke at the bar was $5.25). That said, it's still a fun place to visit, and a very San Diego spot.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureFoodiesArt & Design LoversAug 28, 2012
The rooms here are pretty dated, but it's such an iconic hotel! Coronado beach was rated as the number one in the world recently, so even if you aren't staying here, it's worth dropping by to wander around. The lobby is old-world opulent and the outside walkways to the rooms are manicured. During the holidays there is an ice skating rink outside, right next to the sand, which is quite a sight. Don't forget to try Mootime Creamery!
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodiesJul 05, 2012
This place is absolutely unique. It is so big and romantic. I felt like being in Marylin's film when I was here. We went only for lunch so I can't say how hospitality is. However I liked very much comon areas and the direct access on the beach. There are also boutiques inside. Lunch was fine and absolutely relaxing.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Jul 05, 2012
A fascinating history, wonderful appearance and so many visitors that the entire image is destroyed. Staying here is like living in an amusement park. Visiting the Del is like going to Disneyland the first day of summer vacation.Recommended for:
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
Very Good!1208 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Beach87% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 74%.
- Food72% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.