Hotel del Coronado
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 89%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 68%Art & Design Lovers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (81)
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Dec 06, 2012
Always a go-to spot for walking by the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the sea breeze, southern California sun, and scenery. Lots of little shops in the hotel for the window shopper in you :-)
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 23, 2012
The Hotel Del is tough to beat. It is architecturally spectacular and classic in its styling. Just walking around the property takes you back in time to its origins in the 1880's. The history including Marilyn Monroe's film "Some Like it Hot" adds to its mystique.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesSep 12, 2012
My bridesmaids booked my bachelorette party here because I wanted a mellow time. They are so sweet. I am so surprised and I felt so spoiled because Hotel Del Coronado is absolutely beautiful with a beach front area so you can walk to the ocean. This is a classy stay and many presidents have stayed here. www.sailorgirlfriend.com
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Aug 31, 2012
The Hotel Del is a great place to walk around when family and friends are in town. It's definitely a tourist destination, and prices reflect that ( a Coke at the bar was $5.25). That said, it's still a fun place to visit, and a very San Diego spot.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofFoodiesTrendstersArt & Design LoversAug 28, 2012
The rooms here are pretty dated, but it's such an iconic hotel! Coronado beach was rated as the number one in the world recently, so even if you aren't staying here, it's worth dropping by to wander around. The lobby is old-world opulent and the outside walkways to the rooms are manicured. During the holidays there is an ice skating rink outside, right next to the sand, which is quite a sight. Don't forget to try Mootime Creamery!
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 1Jul 05, 2012
This place is absolutely unique. It is so big and romantic. I felt like being in Marylin's film when I was here. We went only for lunch so I can't say how hospitality is. However I liked very much comon areas and the direct access on the beach. There are also boutiques inside. Lunch was fine and absolutely relaxing.
- Hotel del CoronadoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Jul 05, 2012
A fascinating history, wonderful appearance and so many visitors that the entire image is destroyed. Staying here is like living in an amusement park. Visiting the Del is like going to Disneyland the first day of summer vacation.
Very Good!1172 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Beach90% appreciated the clean beach.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location84% liked the proximity to shopping.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 79% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.