Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 94%Art & Design Lovers
- 75%Business Travelers
- 72%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (6)Write a review
- Hotel deLuxeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7
Formerly known as the Mallory (and still referred to as such by most Portlanders), the Hotel deLuxe is an excellent bargain just a few blocks from downtown Portland. This old-school hotel was, like much of Portland, built in 1912 and retains much of that early 20th century charm to this day. Since the new management has taken over, they’ve revamped it with a bit of 1950s Hollywood décor (i.e., a few large posters in the lobby), although the only reason most guests know this is because they make a point of telling you. The elegant restaurant here, Gracies, looks like an old ballroom and is an excellent brunch spot. There’s also a small, dark bar onsite, as well as a fitness room. Unfortunately there’s no swimming pool. The simple rooms here are tiny, even for downtown standards, but unlike most hotels in the city, they do allow pets.Recommended for:
- Hotel deLuxeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to Review
Rooms were small but comfortable. Excellent location for walking around in a very pedestrian friendly town. Loads of bars and restaurants nearby. No frills but very clean.
- Hotel deLuxe
- Hotel deLuxe
Glamorous old Hollywood style surrounds you in this darling boutique hotel. One convenient perk--you can pre-order your room service breakfast. One inconvenience--the heater is a bit tricky to use, and maybe not as terribly effective as one might expect.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Pets Allowed
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Continental Breakfast
Excellent!1032 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- This is a wonderful design hotel, as guests say.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service99% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location97% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Restaurant94% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant.
Nearby RestaurantsView all Nearby Restaurants
Aliases: Mallory Hotel, Hotel Mallory