Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Hotel Excelsior
The Vinothek is worth a visit. The Geisel-family, who still run and own this hotel and the two neighboring places, Hotel Anna and Hotel Koenigshof, started out as winemakers. Some of the wine offered in the Vinothek is still from the family-owned vineyard, which produces an excellent Riesling. Another great feature of the hotel is the Hubertus Salon, which once was a famous restaurant. Antlers and deers are even part of the carpet pattern. Look for the unicorn over the fireplace; it is part of the family emblem. Despite the traditional atmosphere, half of the rooms were renovated and now have a more clean and modern look.
- Hotel ExcelsiorFirst to Review
Here the staff still wears traditional uniforms, the women in dresses called “Dirndl”, the men in jackets called “Janker”. The interior also reflects the traditional Bavarian style. There are deer heads and antlers, gold-framed paintings and old-fashioned armchairs. Unfortunately the restaurant, which was once a famous venison restaurant, is now only open for breakfast. On the other hand, there is still a show kitchen and you can book cooking classes for Bavarian dishes - and other cuisine. All rooms feature the standard amenities and many sights are within walking distance.
Excellent!1916 reviews across the web.
- Guests say it is the perfect hotel for a city trip.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Location99% thought it was easy to get to the train station.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Ambiance93% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel88% thought it was clean.
- Hotel Building77% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- Restaurant72% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Pets Allowed
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Mini Bar In Room
- Handicap Accessible
- Valet Parking
- Continental Breakfast