Hotel InterContinental Miami
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Green Travelers
- 94%Luxury Travelers
- 72%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (6)Write a review
- Hotel InterContinental MiamiMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Nov 13, 2013
Hotel InterContinental Miami has made a $30 million dollar effort to go green this past year, and their efforts are already paying off. Not only have their improvements greatly reduced their environmental impact, but they have even reduced their overall operating expenses. Best of all – Hotel InterContinental recently became the largest green power purchaser in the state, now utilizing 100% wind power. Guests can rest comfortably in a place where smart innovations majorly reduce water usage, carbon emissions, and energy consumption across the board.Recommended for:
- Hotel InterContinental MiamiMember ofLuxury TravelersHistory BuffsNightlife Lovers+ 2Oct 29, 2013
Located right in downtown Miami with sweeping views of Biscayne Bay and the Port of Miami, the Hotel InterContinental Miami is a large hotel with easy access to many area attractions. After a recent renovation, the hotel offers contemporary décor and immaculate, modern rooms. The views are spectacular. I was thoroughly pleased with a waterfront suite, featuring views of Biscayne Bay, which was also perfect for watching cruise ships leave in the evenings. The proximity to the Port of Miami also seems to make the hotel a perfect starting or ending point for the many cruise ships that call Miami home. Other nearby attractions include dining, shopping nightlife, American Airlines Arena, Bayside and Marlins Park. The lobby is a great place to grab a drink to end or start your night.Recommended for:
- Hotel InterContinental MiamiMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jul 05, 2012
I last stayed here a few days before leaving for a cruise. The hotel is very close to the port with beautiful views of the ocean. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and staff was friendly. My only gripe about the hotel was location. The closest shops in walking distance was the Bayside Marketplace. Otherwise, there is not much else to do or see in the immediate area. If you wanted to go somewhere further (i.e. South Beach, Coconut Grove) you would need to take local transit or a cab.
- Hotel InterContinental MiamiMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Jul 04, 2012
It is very close to the convention center and ONLY 6 miles from South Beach. Normally I wouldnt mind 6 miles but in extreme heat its kind of hard to casually do. But that aside the rooms are nice, and fortunately there are a number of shopping and eating diversions that are within easy reach of the hotel. More importantly for the price the hotel is just right. And surprisingly for the price the staff went out of their way to make my stay a pleasant one.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- Hair Dryer
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Mini Bar In Room
Excellent!2520 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Room97% thought the view was good.
- Location96% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service94% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel88% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingConference area was excellent, according to 84%
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 78%.