Hotel La Fortuna

Calle 2, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 000, Costa Rica

• Hotel La Fortuna
    Tyson Henrie

My wife and I stayed at Hotel La Fortuna in January 2012. I had been to La Fortuna two times before and stayed in low budget hostels, so this time around I wanted to treat my wife to something a bit nicer.

When we arrived we were very pleased. The hotel is newish compared to a lot of the other places in town. There is the typical Costa Rican open restaurant on the ground floor where reception is, but it's in great condition and is an ideal spot to eat your included free breakfast while planning your day. The location of the hotel is also ideal, being only about a block from the town center, and far enough away from a lot of the noise.

The most pleasant surprise was our room. It had white walls and was very clean, a tv, and a nice bathroom. There was an AC unit on the wall that was operated by a convenient little remote control. Our balcony overlooked a side street of La Fortuna, and faced the volcano.

One of the best things about the hotel was the friendly staff at reception. Most of the time there was a young man there who spoke excellent English and was very helpful and knowledgeable. The only complaint I have about the place was the hotel room bathroom - every time we took showers the entire floor of the bathroom was soaked, and we had to mop up the water with our towels. This seemed to be a design flaw. But this wasn't enough of a problem to ruin our stay. I recommend the hotel to anyone. When we stayed there, we paid a total of $74 for two nights.

Very Good!298 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
    100% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
    Excellent value for money, said 100%.
  • Internet
    100% thought it was a great value.
  • Service
    99% found the staff to be very friendly.
    91% thought it was clean.
  • Food
    76% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
Showing Lowest Prices