Hotel Modern New Orleans
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
- 88%Luxury Travelers
- 76%Business Travelers
- 74%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (4)
- Hotel Modern New OrleansMember ofBusiness TravelersLocal CultureFoodies+ 3Oct 25, 2013
One of the few places I will stay. You won't find a better value in the city and the rooms are excellent! The bars and restaurant are frequented by the most interesting trend setters in the city. My new go-to place.
- Hotel Modern New OrleansMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Nov 24, 2013
This place is equal parts swanky and comfortable, like a quality pair of designer pants. Stay here and be greeted with complimentary drinks in the hotel lobby when you arrive. Keep the party going at their Lounge Bellocq which features cocktails specially-crafted by three star mixologists from the city’s renowned bar Cure, as well as a bevy of fortified wines. When you’ve worked up an appetite, take the elevator down to their full-service restaurant, Tivoli & Lee and try the Sweet Tea Glazed Yard Bird.
[Photo by atl10trader (Flickr).]
- Hotel Modern New OrleansMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4First to ReviewOct 03, 2013
The Hotel Modern, which lights up Lee Circle with its colorful glow, boasts two bars. One is inside the sleek Tivoli & Lee restaurant, while the other is a little more sultry. Bellocq (namesake of the photographer known for his early 20th century Storyville portraits) features cocktails of the same era. The bar is known for cobblers, spirits served over a slush of crushed ice. Check out the last page of the menu for "Fancy Pants" potables with prices climbing into triple digits.Recommended for:Nightlife Lovers
Fair289 reviews across the web.
- LocationGood access to the airport, said 100%.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food89% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 88%.
- Room77% said rooms were clean.