Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Green Travelers
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 75%Budget Travelers
- 75%Family Travelers
- 51%Business Travelers
User Reviews (3 Reviews)
- Hotel Mono AzulMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersGreen Travelers+ 1First to ReviewNov 25, 2013
If I could keep this place a personal secret, I would. However, that wouldn't be fair to the charming Braman family who make this quiet retreat a home away home. Tucked into one of the most beautiful (and climatically comfortable) rainforests in the world, the "Blue Monkey" is a hidden oasis with luxurious comforts. I could spend an entire trip to Costa Rica simply lounging around their jungle-rimmed swimming pools and dining in their open-air restaurant - brimming with quality Tico (local) and American fare. However, this hotel is too ideally located to simply waste away the hours in a private paradise. It's in walking distance from the shops and bars of downtown Quepos, and just a few minutes drive to some of the most spectacular beaches and wilderness areas in Costa Rica. It's also a bargain for your budget, making it an ideal base of operations for exploring Costa Rica's central Pacific coast.
- Hotel Mono Azul
- Hotel Mono AzulJul 05, 2012
This place is fantastic!
Found it searching here and Arlo's review is what brought us. After upgrading to a room with an AC (wow, it is so much hotter here than in the rainforest) we sat out on our balcony and watched the monkeys playing in the trees.
After spending the night on a not-so-comfy bed (hey, nothing beats our pillow top bed, it's not a knock against Mono Azul, just our prissy body) we drove up to the national park and spent the day hiking, animal watching, and swimming on the beautiful beaches.
Back to Mono Azul to sit in the open air restaurant and listen to the rain patter on the roof.
I wish we had more time there!
Very Good!112 reviews across the web.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 100%.
- Service80% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 75% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 74% of guests mentioned it positively.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 72% of guests gave positive comments.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 70% of guests mentioned it positively.