Hotel Rumi Punku

Choquechaca 339, Cusco, Peru

This isn't the fanciest of hotels, but it fit the bill for us 20-something year old Inca Trail trekkers. We wanted comfortable accommodations before and after the trek without spending a ton of money. They offer rooms that can fit up to 4 people - a single bed per person, so it was perfect for our group. The door is ...

Popular withBudget

Restaurants near Hotel Rumi Punku

Pachapapa

0.17 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Slightly more casual place to eat in the San Blas area of Cusco, though still touristy. They do have a really nice outdoor patio for dining, and excellent pisco sours! We really enjoyed their ceviche, causas and soups. Their complimentary bread is especially good too.

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Paddy Flaherty's Irish Pub

0.2 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

I definitely had some scotch here. Scotch is scotch, but the altitude will make the scotch go to your head more quickly, trust me! Still though, if you're a fan of Irish pubs and want to try one out in Peru, this is your spot.

Inka Grill

0.2 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

It is a good restaurant in front of main plaza, at night time there are music perfomances there. I like the atmosphere

Popular withTrendstersFoodiesBudget

Jack's Café

0.01 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

If you go to Cusco, you have to eat at Jacks. That is, if you want a meal and experience you will remember for the rest of your life. No kidding. Everyone I know who has ever eaten here remembers it years later and talks about it with a far-off nostalgic gaze. You will love Jacks for its delicious comfort ...

LIMO Cocina Peruana & Pisco Bar

0.19 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

I came here for the ceviche but I'll be back for the pisco drinks!

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLocal

Baco

0.18 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Great wine selection (hence the name "baco"). Argentinean steak is to die for. Enjoyable tapas. Duck pizza that I did not eat but looked fantastic.

Tunupa Restaurante Bar & Grill

0.23 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

This is a very touristy restaurant overlooking the Plaza de Armas in Cusco. They have a show at least some evenings at 8pm with folk dancing and a band that plays with traditional Peruvian instruments. They have a buffet and also offer a menu. They have cuy for 70 soles. I was not a fan of it, but my friend ...

Map Cafe

0.13 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

I enjoyed my meal at Map Cafe. It was definitely upscale dining. This locations is perfect for those staying at Monasterio or La Casona as it is only steps away. The dining area is a glass enclosure situated in a colonial courtyard. Cuisine is Novo Andino and international. I recommend this location for a special lunch or dinner or romantic ...

Greens

0.12 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

This was our tour guide's favorite restaurant in Cusco, and I found it delicious also. Very clean with excellent food. Also a great place for those who are vegetarians. This was where we ate when we first got together as a group and the large upstairs was great place to get acquainted.

Popular withVegetarian

Marcelo Batata

0.06 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

This is a fantastic restaurant! The Alpaca tenderloin was delicious and served with such a great combination of sauces. There is a rooftop dining area with a view of Cusco as well. Our server was incredibly nice and gave us a brief history of the dishes we ordered.

Popular withTrendstersFoodiesNightlife

Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse

0.1 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

A hidden gem! This place is a delicious example of authentic Peruvian food at a reasonable price. They also have a beautiful garden you can eat in.

Popular withVegetarianOutdoorLocal

A Mi Manera

0.13 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Tupay Restaurant

0.08 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Solid food served in exceptional surroundings with impeccable service. The private opera performances here are tasteful and don't feel touristy. Worth checking ahead to try to catch one. They are relatively short, not intrusive, and add to the overall charm of the restaurant. One of the pricier options in town but worth the splurge.

Popular withLuxuryLocalHistory

Bagdad Cafe

0.2 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

The mystery is still out as to why this restaurant is called Bagdad Cafe since there is no middle eastern influences to this restaurant at all. This restaurant serves up local cuisine where the highlight is Alpaca simply prepared and served with some steamed vegetables. I recommend getting a balcony table overlooking Plaza de Armas so you enjoy a view.

La Retama

0.24 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

While La Retama is a bit on the touristy end of the spectrum, I can't think of a better place in Cusco to sample traditional, Andean cuisine. Set right on the Plaza de Armas, the restaurant features everything from cuy to alpaca, along with the many soups, meat and potato dishes the Andes are known for. Definitely not my favorite ...

Popular withLocalFamiliesFoodies

Chicha

0.32 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

I can't say how much I like Gastón Acurio's food and restaurants but the Chicha in Cusco absolutely blew my mind. Like it's brother in Arequipa, Chicha respects local recipes and ingredients, by preparing the dishes with the same tradition from centuries of history and by buying the produce from local farmers. The starter potato bread was the best and ...

Popular withFoodiesLuxury

Fallen Angel Restaurant

0.27 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Clearly I didn't get it! It's certainly unique. But I found it garish and over the top. Hip young people may love it...but I'm definitely not a fan!

Los Toldos

0.37 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Best place for pollo a la brasa in Cusco! It's popular with locals and tourists alike. It's a short jaunt from the main, historic square and depending on the time it gets crowded. Many laud the salad bar, but I came here on a mission for some chicken. The bestselling dish is the quarter chicken with fries.

Meli Melo

0.42 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Great local empanadas restaurant. Pop in for empanadas, a variety of pastries, and fruit drinks. Good, solid, inexpensive and you will be one of the only tourists there. A full meal is less than $5-6 USD. A great place to practice your Spanish or just point at the case. Loved the saltenas.

Popular withLocalFoodiesBudget

Killa Wasi

0.57 mi from Hotel Rumi Punku

Killa Wasi — a charming guesthouse on the main street in Cusco. It offers functional rooms, clean and comfortable, though cold on winter nights. It is on ‘El Sol’, a very busy street filled with shops, travelers and vendors, and within walking distance to major points of interest in town. The service was friendly. It is a good value.