Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park Boston
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park BostonMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2First to ReviewSep 09, 2013
If you're a sox fanatic and want nothing more than to spend your days wandering down Landsdowne street, popping in and out of sports bars and catching homers on the green monstah, then the Howard Johnson might just be your hotel. It's cheap, and paces away from Fenway. That, I think, is all it's really got going for it. It's located on a loud busy street right by the hospital and the rooms don't seem to have been updated since the late 80s (really though, those tube TVs might be from the 80s). But who cares where you sleep if you're just going to be outside enjoying the city all day? Keep in mind that rates go up on game days.
- Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park BostonMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 3Aug 16, 2013
A motel located right next to Fenway Park must have to deal with their fair share of rowdy out-of-towners in Boston for the game. The staff seems weathered and constantly tired, while the decor screamed dull and boring. Planning on watching the Red Sox? Just walk right across the street and the sights and sounds of Fenway’s bars and baseball atmosphere’ll surround you. But if you're in town for any other reason, I'd advise you stay away from the Howard Johnson Inn.
Mediocre1060 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 93%.
- GroundsPool was unsatisfactory, according to 79%.
- Service70% found the staff to be very friendly.
- FoodThe price was too high for 62%.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 59% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- Hotel52% thought it was rather dirty.
This Boston hotel features restful rooms, free wireless Internet access and complimentary shuttle service to the Longwood Medical Area hospitals. Guests can also take advantage of the hotel's many vacation and tour packages. Amenities include an onsite restaurant, bar and lounge, self-parking (for a nominal fee), and 24-hour front desk assistance.
All rooms come with complimentary toiletries, bottled water and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Each room has its own hairdryer, coffee/tea maker, iron and ironing board. Microwaves and refrigerators are available on request.