Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum

3612 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Formerly AmeriSuites)

• Business Center
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Outdoor Pool
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
See Room Choices:
Compare best prices from top travel sites

Overview

Ramona Flume
    4 Oct 22, 2013

The Hyatt Place is probably the most upscale business-friendly option in North Austin's Arboretum area. From the lobby and front desk to the dining areas and guestrooms, the decor is refined and inviting. In addition to a complimentary breakfast, there is a Starbucks and Bakery Cafe (with a full-service bar), plus a 24-hour Gallery Menu and Grab 'n Go cases, that feature sandwiches, salads and baked goods that guests can take on the road. A nice fitness center, outdoor pool and quick access to surrounding shops, like Whole Foods, make visits even more comfortable.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers
    Aly Sergie
    1 Oct 06, 2013

10-05-2013 So I will be updating this review continually until Hyatt corrects this situation.

We stayed at Hyatt from Thursday 9-26 to Saturday 9-29. We have a 9 week old baby so we have alot of things to carry - bassinet, baby chair, changing supplies, stroller.

We chose this location of Hyatt because they were located close to a conference I was staying at. The morning after our first night, my wife was making comments thinking that Austin has quite a bit of mosquitoes. It had just rained so I thought that had played some part to the potential mosquitoes. The next morning she had several small bites on her legs. The next day while I was at my conference, she mentioned a few more times about the mosquitoes. The last day we checked out and I had a 1/2 at my conference so my wife spent the midmorning in the car. No mention of mosquitoes.

2 days later as we were back in our house in Dallas, she noticed the same thing. Bites on her legs, arms back and toes. She had caught a couple of the bugs from the bites. These were little bugs that jump around, very tough to kill and crush. A day goes by and not much happens. Then the following day, these bugs are everywhere - mostly downstairs but now upstairs as well.

We called an exterminator and he came by and verified the bugs were fleas. He asked if we stayed at any places that have pets. We don't own any pets. We don't visit people's houses that have pets. It's not that we don't like pets. My wife stays at home the majority of the day with our infant and I work 12-14 hours a day so we don't have very much of a social life currently. The only place we have stayed outside of our house is the Hyatt hotel. We are very clean people. We have never had fleas in our life.

Here is the big problem with Hyatt - on Friday 10/4 after I arrived home when I learned about the confirmed fleas from the exterminator, I called to speak with the hotel manager Mariam. We spoke for atleast 30 minutes regarding the issue. She gave me no confirmation of anything, she said someone would get back to me on Monday or Tuesday. That is NOT acceptable. When you have fleas in your house - there is no REFUGE.

She then said she would speak with the director of housekeeping - Ingvar and he would contact me. 18 hours later, I had to call the hotel and track Ingvar down. He wasn't really aware of the situation. He did not know my name. He did not know my room number. He said he would contact me by the end of the day. Well it is now 8 hours later and I have not heard from Ingvar or Mariam.

I am asking that Hyatt take care of this situation and do whatever needs to be done to make this right. I am also asking all potential customers boycott this hotel until they correct this problem. This is a major sanitation and health problem.

Yelena Konetchy
    4 Mar 10, 2013

The Hyatt Place is a luxuriously presented. A round counter area is designed for the visitor to check-in and out while on the other end to purchase snacks and drinks, including Starbucks for the coffee fans. The rooms are pleasant but feel somewhat unfinished. But, the quality of the counter space, tables, couch, and the bed balances out the emptiness. There is free WIFI throughout the Hyatt and if you are busy at work into the night, a 24-hour minibar with hot meals is opened. The best part is that you can call directly from your room and have it delivered. If you are looking to exercise, there is a fitness area and an outside pool to enjoy. The Hyatt Place is also located next to the Gateway Shopping Center where you can fill your fridge with organic foods from Whole Foods.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
    Richard P
    4 Feb 02, 2013

I stayed at this particular Hyatt Place while visiting Google's Austin office. It is conveniently located near the office. Literally right next door to the office -- making it easy to walk.

Pros:
    * The hotel offers free breakfast every morning which includes: sandwiches, cereal, pastries, juices. and yogurt.
    * Spacious and clean rooms
    * Flat Screen TVs
    * Shampoo, Conditioner and Toothpaste provided
    * Gym/Workout Room onsite
    * Free Wifi Internet
    * Plenty of free parking

Cons:
    * Sometimes the interent can be spotty.
    * One of the tiles in my restroom was loose (tile caulking was cracked)

I wouldn't mind staying here on future visits to our Austin Office. However if you are visiting Austin on vacation I'd consider staying closer to Downtown.

Jessica Abramson
    • Local Culture

I loved this hotel! It's definitely aimed toward the business crowd, but it was clean, quiet, and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The room had a king size bed, a big couch with an ottoman, and an enormous HD television... plus two different vanity areas! Very cozy, well-priced, and very friendly concierge. My only complaint? The bathroom is TINY. It contains the shower (with a glass door) and the toilet, and it's almost impossible to open the door once you're inside! Aside from that, the shower is nice and everything else is great.

Recommended for:Business Travelers

Description:

The Hyatt Place Arboretum is a luxurious option for business travelers visiting the Arboretum area or North Austin offices, like Apple, AT&T, Dell, Emerson and Google. Downtown, the Warehouse Entertainment District, the University of Texas and the State Capitol are only a short drive away. Pet-friendly guestrooms are spacious with complimentary Wi-Fi, 42" HD televisions and complimentary bathroom toiletries. A daily breakfast is complimentary and there is also a Starbucks and Bakery Cafe, as well as a Gallery Menu and Grab 'n Go selections that guests can order from and enjoy 24 hours a day.

Excellent!727 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
    Excellent value for money, said 100%.
    98% liked the proximity to shopping.
  • Service
    95% found the staff to be very friendly.
    94% thought it was clean.
  • Food
    82% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
  • Hotel Building
    74% enjoyed the lobby entrance.