Hyatt Regency Austin
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Meeting Rooms
- Parking Garage
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Children Allowed
- Handicap Accessible
- Valet Parking
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (6)
- Hyatt Regency AustinMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Aug 22, 2013
I stayed at the Hyatt Austin on a recent business trip, and found it to be fairly mediocre. The layout is classic 80s triangle shape, with the rooms arrayed around a large open atrium, so you can see people walking on the floors above and below, giving it a kind of star trek feel. The beds were fine, not as comfortable as you would find at the Westin or a W Hotel. My shower had some mildew stains on the tiles. Not horrible, but a bit embarrassing. The internet was $10.00 per day but worked well throughout the hotel, and the staff was friendly and courteous. Overall, I'd say the experience was fine but not memorable.Recommended for:Business Travelers
- Hyatt Regency AustinMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Sep 24, 2012
The only thing good about this hotel is their name. It's super expensive, but does not have he quality to match it. Big warning, this hotel is super old, and you can tell by the fact they don't have a vent inside the bathroom, their door nobs are old and rusty, and their bathtub is old.
The only reason I booked this hotel is because the TMC seminar was here; otherwise, I wouldn't even give a shit staying here.
- Hyatt Regency AustinJul 04, 2012
Just around the corner from Austin’s iconic bat sculpture at the intersection of Congress Avenue and Barton Springs Road, the Hyatt Regency Austin provides a great location for exploring downtown Austin, as well as the South Austin SoCo scene. The rooms are sufficiently comfortable—if you can, book a room with a view of the river and the downtown skyline. The bar/restaurant on the first floor has indoor and waterfront seating, but do check out the neighborhood restaurants and hotspots—Zax and Threadgill's are walking distance around the corner.
Very Good!936 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- LocationCity centre within easy reach, said 97%.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Food78% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 72%.
- Hotel Building55% thought the facilities needed updating.