Hyatt Regency Chicago
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (16)Write a review
- Hyatt Regency ChicagoJul 05, 2012
This place has been RENOVATED! (as of 8/24/2011) so many of the previous reviews may not apply if you see folks complaining about old, outdated decor and musty corridors.
First, the Hyatt Regency in Chicago is the largest Hyatt Regency in the US. They have over 2044+ rooms and two large towers. Compared to Vegas, that may seem like nothing (Vdara houses an impressive 4408 rooms!) but here in Chicago, this landmark hotel definitely has presence.
I got a deal on priceline and for once trusted my fate at a chain versus the boutique hotels I've been staying at in previous visits and I have to say, for the price I paid, it was well worth it.
The front desk was pleasant, check in was easy and the room was clean. It smelled, felt, and looked clean and updated. The bed was large, comfortable, and the shower was well designed so you can let it rain or turn it on power mode to wash out that stubborn conditioner in your hair.
The room service was ... OK since the hotel was big and it just takes forever to get anything but aside from that it was a very pleasant experience. This place is almost always crawling with kids, adults, conventions, tourists so just know what you're getting into.
- Hyatt Regency ChicagoMember ofBudget TravelersFoodiesJul 04, 2012
My second trip to Chicago, we stayed in downtown, which was WAY more convenient.
- Super close to touristy attractions either directions: Magnificent mile, Cloud gate, Navy Pier, etc.
- Close to public transport ie 5 blocks or so to Red line
- Attractive lobby
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Secure rooms that require a key to enter elevators after 11PM or so.
- A somewhat dreary room with the color scheme, which looks contemporary in the pictures, but not so in person.
- The glass window in our room was dirty with streak marks and such as if they haven't cleaned it in a while...
I suppose this was an excellent deal for the location and all, but I expected a little bit more from a 4 star hotel. Maybe it was listed as 3.5stars. Either way, our request of a king bed was confirmed when we checked in, but when we got to the room, it was a double. No biggie I guess. It was nice though that they allowed us to extend our check out time to 1PM instead of 12PM when I called the morning of check-out.
I'm torn between the 4 star review and the 3. It's actually a 3.5 star where I more than like it, but didn't really like it :)
- Hyatt Regency ChicagoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 5Jul 04, 2012
The location is excellent. Water taxi nearby, magnificent mile just a few steps away. Keefer's restaurant just a few minutes away. Nothing to complain about the hotel - just a normal business hotel. Wifi availability was not good around the hotel conference areas. The conference areas were a maze with some places quite far apart.Recommended for:
- Hyatt Regency ChicagoMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersWellness+ 4Jul 03, 2012
A treat for business travelers, elegant, functional, and super comfortable. However, it is massive and somewhat commercial. Service was dynamic and efficient. The area is good, just a few mins walk to 'Magnificent Mile' and 'Millennium Park. Do explore: visit the 'Art Institute of Chicago’; it has a great Impressionism and post-impressionism collection.Recommended for:
Dining options at Hyatt Regency Chicago include 6 restaurants and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include a health club and a fitness facility. This 4.0 star property has a
There are 2,019 guestrooms at Hyatt Regency Chicago. Guestrooms have city, river, or lake views. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and premium bedding. Coffee/tea makers and minibars are offered. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, makeup/shaving mirrors, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer multi line phones, iPod docking stations, and voice mail. Plasma televisions have pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, blackout drapes/curtains, electronic check out, and electronic/magnetic keys. Guests may request a turndown service, refrigerators, and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.
Notifications and Fees:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Valet parking: US$ 50 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk
- Mini Bar In Room
- Handicap Accessible
Excellent!6583 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Location97% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel90% thought it was clean.
- Hotel Building77% said the facilities were very new.
- Food73% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- RoomBeds were acceptable for 67%.