Hyatt Regency Guam
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Hyatt Regency GuamMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
After hearing so many negative stories about Guam, I was positively surprised by the Hyatt and the beach in Tumon. The Hyatt is an older building (like most of the hotels in Guam) but has done a good job of refurbishing the lobby and rooms. We found the lobby and room quality to be in line with some of he better Hyatt properties in the region -- i.e., pretty good. That said, there isn't anything special about the property. This is a large, package tourist focused resort primarily catering to the Japanese and members of the US military.
The beach in front of the property is long, has white sand, and attractive turquoise water. It gets a lot of visitors but it is more attractive than I had been led to believe.
Best things about the property:
- attractive modern and recently refurbished lobby area and rooms
- central location
- numerous pools
- location at the center of Tumon beach
- free wireless internet in the lobby
- spacious bathrooms
- attractive beach views from balconies
- terrible coffee (brown water) with no good options close by. this would be a good place to try out VIA
- lack of in-room wireless internet access
- packed during Japanese holiday periods. felt a bit like rush hour Yamanote-sen at breakfast
- absolutely useless concierge service. concierge had no clue about local restaurants and was only able to recommend in-hotel options. this is inexcusable.
One tip that we didn't pick up on until our second (and last) day is that there is a red shuttle bus that runs tourists to most of the major sights (i.e., malls) and along the main street. They run very regularly so there is no real reason to take a cab if you plan to visit Guam Premier Outlets or the Mall of Micronesia (both of which aren't really worth visiting anyway unless you want to go to a movie).
I think this is a solid option in Guam. It definitely looked nicer than the other properties that we observed as we walked down the beach.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Free Hi Speed Internet
Good!354 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Location100% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 84%.
- Room61% complained about the bathroom.
- Food52% found the breakfast to be acceptable.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.
- BeachWonderful beach.