Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Hyland InnMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Sep 21, 2013
The Hyland Inn is a bare bones budget motel with good sized, clean rooms. They are currently undergoing construction, updating all of the rooms to more modern amenities such as tile floors (instead of the current carpet) and flat screen TVs. You do get free parking and free wifi. Hopefully after the renovations are complete, the Hyland Inn will raise the bar a little.Recommended for:Budget Travelers
- Hyland InnFirst to ReviewAug 06, 2013
The Hyland Inn is a budget hotel located about equidistant from the 405 Freeway and the 710 Freeway. I’m pretty sure it’s independent and family run – it has that feel to it – so, it’s a comfortable, clean, and affordable place to stay. There’s not much in terms of restaurants or nightlife in the immediate area, so I’d suggest driving into downtown Long Beach for that. The good news is that there’s free parking and free WiFi, which are both biggies in my book. They offer all sorts of different discounts; for instance if you start your stay on a Sunday or midweek, or if you stay for at least a week, etc. If you’re traveling with another person, inquire about the suites, which aren’t that much more money.
Poor55 reviews across the web.
- Service82% found the staff to be unfriendly.
- Room75% said rooms were dirty.
- LocationLocation is acceptable. Only 68% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is not very nice. 67% negative comments.
- HotelHotel needs some improvements. It had 65% negative mentions.
- PricePrice is too high. 55% of guests gave negative feedback.