- Chosun Galbee3330 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019recommended Chosun GalbeeThis is one of the only Korean BBQ places in the area that I have been to, but I was taken by a Korean so I take that as a pretty strong endorsement! It is a very nice restaurant, huge, lots of room ... read morefor large parties. The service is great and the quality of the food is awesome - not overly expensive if you think about what you're getting, but definitely more expensive than other Korean BBQ.Traci
awesome korean BBQ in the heart of K-town!
commented on this trip
What kind of food are you interested in?
- Father's Office1018 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403recommended Father's OfficeSeriously great burgers here, cooked to perfection exactly the way you order them. I was prepared for this bar to be completely over-hyped, but nope. It really does make awesome food, and the list of ... read moremicrobrews from around California, North America, Europe and beyond is killer. What's not to love? A side of brussel sprouts that costs $8. Yup, it's overpriced. But the staff were really quick, and sitting at the bar while flying solo, I felt right at home. TIPS: * Order at the bar, then grab a booth or table (show up early on weekends, or you'll be hanging around forever). * Bring cash.
- Nishimura8684 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- Urasawa218 N Rodeo Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Kang Hodong's Baekjeong3465 W 6th St Los Angeles, CA 90020
- Genwa Korean BBQ5115 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Palsaik Korean BBQ863 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles, California
- Bottega Louie700 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Class 302 Taiwanese Cuisine1015 Nogales St, #125, Rowland Heights, CA 91748
- RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen10250 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CArecommended RockSugar Pan Asian KitchenGo here for ambience and 4/5 star food. Jasmine fried rice and shaking beef is my favorite here. Do NOT walk out of there without eating Carmalized Banana Custard Cake. Its the star of the show IMHO. ... read more
- Tavern Restaurant11648 San Vicente Boulevard, Los Angeles, CArecommended Tavern RestaurantI love this place!! Sunday Morning Brunch is a MUST. The mojitos are stellar! The lemon ricotta pancakes are Divine! The Steak Frite is the best I have ever had!! Star Sightings are everywhere and the ... read moreservice is quick and friendly. An LA MUST!Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
- The Six Restaurant10668 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CArecommended The Six RestaurantI came here around 6:30 on a Wednesday night and The Six was already packed - a great sign. It has a very trendy interior without giving off a snooty vibe - Edison lights hang from above, one side has ... read morea sort of barnyard roof and the bar area seamlessly merges with the dining area. The menu is succinct, which makes it really easy to order; going along with their theme, there are six items in each category (starters, small plates, pizzas, entrees, sides, desserts). The starters are huge! I had a delicious shrimp dish as well as the vanilla beets with burrata (honestly the best burrata I've ever had), and they are enough to feed about 3-4 people. The small plates were huge as well - we tried a white bean cassoulet with a farm fresh egg on top. We also had (yes, we ate a lot) the steak frites and an Alaskan Salmon....I don't think I've ever had a better salmon dish. It had swiss chard and carmelized onion and potatoes in this amazing sauce (I think it was pear?) and I could not stop eating it despite my complete fullness. I'm definitely going back, even though it's a trek across town for me.
- SUGARFISH | Downtown600 W 7th Street #150, Los Angeles, CArecommended SUGARFISH | DowntownSugarfish in downtown LA is a no frills kind of place. They instruct you not to dip the sushi in additional soy sauce if its already accompanied by a special sauce, and they don't offer California ... read morerolls, Avocado rolls, or any sushi that has, what they deem to be, "unnecessary" ingredients. But if you're turned off by the apparent pretentiousness of this place, you'll forgive them as soon as the food comes out. This is fantastic sushi. And for someone who doesn't like sashimi, they serve fantastic sashimi as well. The rice is part of what makes the food so great - firm and warm and slightly sweet. The fish doesn't taste overly fishy, everything is fresh, and the seaweed is as crisp as can be. And when it's done...it's done. There is no dessert menu. You eat, you pay, you leave with a belly full of some of the tastiest sushi ever.
- Luscious Dumplings704 West Las Tunas Dr # 4, San Gabriel, CA 91776-1162, United Statesrecommended Luscious DumplingsBetween Din Tai Fung in Arcadia and Luscious Dumplings in San Gabriel, there's no reason for anyone to say the Valley (SGV or SFV) doesn't have good dumplings. Luscious Dumplings is in a tiny strip ... read moremall and doesn't look like much from the outside. But there is always a line (get there early!), and everything on their sparse menu is absolutely amazing. I've had a number of the soup dumplings, some pickled veggies, and their beef and noodle bowl, and it was some of the best Chinese food I've had in a while. There are only 5 or 6 tables inside, so it's pretty much an order-eat-leave situation since the waiters don't like you lingering too much (and the people in line start shooting dirty looks), but if you're craving some authentic Chinese dim sum, this is one of the best places in LA to come to.Erin K
Slightly better than Din Tai Fung in my opinion.
- 85°C Bakery & Cafe2700 Alton Pkwy Ste 123, Irvine, CA 92606
- Wurstküche Restaurant800 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013recommended Wurstküche RestaurantThe name literally translates to "Sausage Kitchen" and the food here is great. You can choose from your standard bratwursts or if you're feeling more adventurous you can try things like the ... read morerattlesnake sausage. They also have great beers on tap (as any self respecting German-inspired restaurant should!) Even the veggie sausages are great -- the vegetarians I ate with once even bought some to take home! They also cater private events!Traci
Not asian,...but delicious!
- A & E Restaurant1269 East Valley Boulevard, Alhambra, CArecommended A & E RestaurantThis is a true hole-in-the-wall - but the food is perfect. I have been getting the "red cooked" spicy beef noodles here since I was 5 years old - and the quality has never changed! I also always get ... read morethe scallion pancake and some seaweed to start. This place is no frills, cheap and delicious. The quality of the food is astonishing considering the price you pay - but for people who don't speak Chinese, you might be less frustrated if you go with someone who does speak Chinese. Note: cash only!Traci
if you like soup noodles, this is your place
- The IZAKA-YA8420 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CArecommended The IZAKA-YAWhen I lived in West Hollywood - this was one of the places I frequented nearly every week. Favorites: spicy tuna with crispy rice, yellowtail with crispy onions, yellowtail with jalapeno. If you ... read moredon't make a reservation - you'll definitely have to wait, but just grab a cocktail and get in some good people-watching.Traci
one of my absolute favorites!
- Yu-N-Mi9475 Little Santa Monica Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA, United Statesrecommended Yu-N-MiThis is a tiny sushi restaurant on Little Santa Monica in Beverly Hills and I never get tired of eating here! You'll likely need to wait for a table, but the sushi is fresh and they have some very ... read moregood innovative rolls and sashimi dishes. Delicious.Traci
If you like sushi...
- Kanpai Japanese Sushi Bar & Grill8325 Lincoln Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United States