Ice Cream Lab
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 62%Adventure Travelers
- 57%Family Travelers
- 51%History Buffs
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Ice Cream LabMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Dec 01, 2013
This is not your typical ice cream shop; they use extreme, cold nitrogen gas to make the ice cream. Sounds to me like some chemist making products, which it is true in a sense, but in a sweet way.
They have 4 standard flavors. I picked the blue velvet, which is a cupcake flavor. It does take a couple of minutes for them to make your ice cream, so on a hot summer day, and expect a long wait.
The ice cream is so goooood, and the waffle cone tastes great as well. A bit of work is needed to get your sweet reward, though. Parking is street only, and there is no outside seating. The price is also higher than most ice cream shops, but since this is Beverly Hills, it's to be expected. Seems like a unique take on a well-known dessert. I'll bet that many new ice cream shops will use this technique in the near future.
- Ice Cream LabAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 9First to ReviewNov 17, 2013
The concept is pretty neat! Food chemistry...if it's your first time, they let you know the process. The base of the ice creams is the same and they add in ingredients to make your ice cream then add in the liquid nitrogen. You can watch your ice cream being made! I came later in the evening with friends, so parking in the lot around the corner was free and there weren't that many patrons. Blue velvet! Yum!
Tip: check in on Foursquare for 15% off your ice cream :)
- Ice Cream LabMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Oct 30, 2013
NITROGEN ICE CREAM?! I wouldn't have known this place if it weren't for Shanon Y. (thanks Shanon! I owe you big time!!)
$5 for a medium size scoop! For the quality you get I think it's worth it.
They use liquid nitrogen and fresh ingredients from the farmers market to create instant ice cream.
- Blue Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese: the cupcake made the ice cream sweeter and the cream cheese gave it a thicker texture
- Apple Pie with Graham Crackers: One of their popular ice creams (Brownie is another popular one). It had bits of apple in them!!! LOVED IT!
- Popcorn Icecream: Popcorn flavored ice cream mixed with crispy popcorn. I liked it a lot! Because it was freshly made, **the popcorn in the ice cream weren't soggy**. I asked for a sample after I saw them make a batch for another person. They scraped some out for me :)
Don't be afraid to ask them questions or samples (after they make a fresh batch for someone else). I had them explain the menu on the wall to me because it looked confusing.
Parking: I hate driving/parking in that area! Free meter parking after 9pm on Fri nights.
- Ice Cream LabMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Aug 28, 2013
What an awesome tasting ice cream treat I had the other day.
I had been wanting to stop by here and being in the area for a client meeting, I had that opportunity and decided to try it out after lunch the other day.
I'm such a fan of ice cream to my detriment because it's mega calories in this treat. I'm sure it's probably worse in this ice cream because it tasted so rich and creamy. Beyond anything I've experienced before.
I selected the Salted Lick Crunch off the menu which was a mix of caramel and pretzels. They mix it all up and freeze it with nitrogen. This was so good that I wanted more but thank God, I refrained, whew!!
Simply delicious! It cost me $5 which is about the going rate these days for this fare. I really enjoyed my experience and would come back again in the future.