Trip Plan Details
recommended Samburu National ReserveElephants quenching their thirst at the Ewaso Nyiro river was simply breath taking.Recommended for:.Comment.8 months ago. ReportHTT Holidays and Incentives
You should try Samuburu, the density of wildlife, the good lodges with plunge pools and the great weather should combine for a memorable safari
recommended Tsavo East National ParkIt may not have the density of wildlife that other parks do but the elephants here are worth the visit alone. They're huge! This is also where the infamous man-eating lions as well as the odd ... read moremane-less lions once lived. It's quite a beautiful park and if you're headed from Nairobi to Mombasa, you might plan to spend a night or three at one of the nice lodges here..Comment.11 months ago. ReportSummer Wilms
I recommend Tsavo because it is close-ish to Mombasa but whether it is this park or another, definitely visit one of Kenya's national parks.Tsavo has huge, spectacular elephants and a lot of lions. Alex's suggestion of Lake Nakuru is excellent, if you can make it out there. It is only a few hours outside of Nairobi. It is a fantastic park for rhino, monkeys, hyena, birds, and occasionally big cats, like lions and leopards. It is also a small park and easy to do a comprehensive safari in a single day. It doesn't have elephants, which is the only drawback. Near Mt. Kenya, you can visit Sweetwaters reserve and Ol Pejeta Chimp Sanctuary. Whether you are into wildlife or not, you really can't visit Kenya without getting at least a day's-worth of its wildlife.
commented on this trip
Ol pejeta Conservancy
This is the largest black rhino sanctuary and also a chimpanzee sanctuary. also the conservancy is home to many animals..Comment.12 months ago. Report
- Lake Nakuru National ParkFlamingo Road, Nakuru, Kenyarecommended Lake Nakuru National ParkWant to see 80 million gajillion brilliantly colored pink, coral and orange flamingoes? You won't find any better spot in the world than Lake Nakuru. The small national park is dominated by the ... read moreflamingo-dotted lake, but there's also a good possibility you'll see an elusive black rhino.Recommended for:Alex L
If you head west, this is a very cool park.
recommended Masai Mara National ReserveThe wildebeest migration. Staying in a tent camp run by Maasai tribesmen. Coming across a recent lion kill. Looking into the eyes of an elephant. There really are few experiences that beat going on a ... read moresafari in Africa, and the Maasai Mara is one of the best spots in Africa in which to do so. If you go with a local outfitter, you can save a bundle, too.Recommended for:Alex L
If you can stay at a Maasai-run tent camp, I would highly suggest it!
- Haandi Restaurant Mezz Floor, The Mall, P. O. Box 45398, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended Haandi RestaurantOften billed as the best Indian in town (although others favor Open House), it lives up to its reputation. Rich, heavy delicious sauces, and tender meats. There is an open kitchen so you can even ... read morewatch them prepare your meal for you.Recommended for:Foodies
- Trattoria Wabera Street and Kaunda Street, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended TrattoriaAmazing freshly cooked pasta, on maybe the most extensive Italian menu in town. Conveniently located right in downtown Nairobi. They also serve seafood, and have a large wine list. Not cheap though. ... read moreThey take online reservations.
- Hell's Gate National ParkMoi South Lake Road, Naivasha Townrecommended Hell's Gate National ParkKenya's smallest National Park, it is void of loins and big predators, which means you can bicycle through it, hike, and camp. You can hire bikes at the entrance, but choose carefully as they are not ... read moreall in good repair. In the park, bike with herds of zebras, giraffes, wart hogs, buffaloes, and other savanna animals. Hike down to the gorge at the end of the road (guide recommended) and cruise through the slot canyon. Worth the trip!Recommended for:
- Galata BridgeKaraköy-Eminönü Verbindung, Istanbul, Turkey
- Bosphorus BridgeArnavutköy Mh., Beşiktaş/Istanbul, Turkey
- The Spice BazaarIstanbul, Turkey
- Grand BazaarCankurtaran Mh, Tevkifhane Sk 1, Istanbul, Turkey
- Blue MosqueIstanbul, Turkey
- Hagia SophiaSultanahmet Square, Istanbul Turkey