Indian Springs Resort and Spa

1712 Lincoln Ave., Calistoga, CA 94515

Rhia R.
    5 Nov 01, 2013

I have never had anyone professional massage me before. I opted for the half session and had the masseuse focus mainly on my back and shoulders. I was sick earlier in the week so I was unbelievably tense. Christine worked her magic and gave me an awesome massage. When I was done she handed me some of their yummy cucumber water and directed me towards the Buddha pond where I could chill and meet with my other friends once they were done with their sessions. Reclining on a lounge chair watching the steam rise up from the pond (the water comes from an actual hot spring) seemed almost unreal. Once everyone met up, we headed to the pool. The temperature was just right, once again thanks to the hot spring. We could have stayed in there for hours, but it was way past lunch time so we were starving. This place definitely rocks.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersGreen TravelersLuxury TravelersWellness
    Sara Benson
    5 Oct 17, 2013

It's not for cheap dates, but if you can afford to splash out, the cabins here are cozy, romantic and every other adjective you'd use to describe the perfect couple's getaway weekend. You shouldn't miss having a dip in the mud bath at the historic spa either, or taking a lap in the naturally heated hot-springs pool.

Recommended for:Green TravelersLuxury TravelersWellness
    Darcy S
    5 Oct 01, 2013

One of our favorite get aways. Its about an hour up Valley in Napa. We stop at Palisades Market in Calistoga and grab a couple of excellent unique sandwiches to have between spa treatments with our wine. Hide the bottle no glass around the pool area and bring some plastic tumblers provided by us. Spend the day floating in an olympic size pool filled with hot mineral water. We call it getting noodlized. You will be relaxed.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersTrendstersWellness
    Alex L
    5 Sep 13, 2013

Relaxation at its finest. My family loves the two- and three-bedroom cottages, mud baths and spa, but my favorite thing here is the olympic-size pool filled with Calistoga mineral water. You can't spend 10 minutes in here without feeling better. I've had some fabulous massages, and a few so-so ones, but the spa and mud vats are always clean and professional. During the dead of winter, they've often offered free mud baths for a Sun-Thurs stay.

Christina Melocik
    5 Jul 20, 2012

This is a lovely resort with a gorgeous mineral pool. You can soak there all day long while occasionally taking trips to the store for tasty snacks such as sandwiches, salami, or even fancy fruity gummy candy. If you're staying at the resort, a friend can accompany you to the pool for $20.

The resort rooms are tastefully decorated, and the bathrooms are very spacious.

You can't really go wrong staying at Indian Springs.

Mike McColl
    5 Jul 20, 2012

My favorite place to stay in Calistoga. Love the cottages, the pool, the croquet, and the loaner bikes. Easy walk to restaurants in downtown, but a few blocks removed, so it feels more tranquil.

Jonathan Cardella

great place, especially if you stay in one of the cottages but its very difficult to get reservations, so plan on booking months or more in advance, especially for peak season. nice pool heated by hot spring water but I don't recall any "hot" soak tubs or springs (100 F+).

• Business Center