recommended Martins West GastropubThis place in Redwood City has good food and a really great bar. It's nice inside and would be a great place for a few drinks with your friends. Close to Deseo Tequila Lounge and Donato Enoteca (which ... read morewould be a good choice in it's own right).Zach Sweeney
This place in Redwood City has good food and a really great bar. It's nice inside and would be a great place for a few drinks with your friends. Close to Deseo Tequila Lounge and Donato Enoteca (which would be a good choice in it's own right).My overall recommendation is two drinks at Martin's West followed by dinner and wine at Donato Enoteca.
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant640 Emerson St, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Gordon Biersch Brewery RestaurantThis place had the best food and seemed to be the most popular place in town. The interior is full of brewing equipment making the beers on tap with a fun bar area, and a huge seating area with ... read morebooths. I enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard under the ceiling made of strings of tiny white lights. The place was packed, the staff funny and friendly, and the beers were dangerously delicious!Margaret Seelie
If you girls are into good beers and a laid back atmosphere Gordon Biersch is the place to go. Also, the twinkling courtyard is beautiful!
- Gravity544 Emerson Street, Palo Alto, CArecommended GravityThis is a nice place to have a good glass of wine (or two). Try to get a table downstairs, bc the atmosphere is very much industrial and sleek. The wine selection is great (lots of European ones) and ... read morethey do flights. Food is good, but not exceptional. The service is very good. All the waiters and bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable. With this atmosphere and menu, it feels like you are in the City rather than in Palo Alto.
- Nola - Palo Alto535 Ramona St, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Nola - Palo Altosweet
- Old Pro541 Ramona St, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Old Procheck it
- Town716 Laurel St, San Carlos, CA 94070recommended TownGood drinks (I highly recommend the cucumber martini), definitely the most happening place in San Carlos for a night out. The service is great too - very attentive and friendly. I have heard the ... read moresteaks here are quite good, although I haven't tried them yet. The space is large with an open kitchen and lots of booth seating. I have had both brunch and dinner starters here and I think dinner is a better bet here.
- Joya Restaurant & Lounge339 University Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Joya Restaurant & LoungeSexy, sleek and swanky. Not stuffy and no attitude at all. Joya, is my kind of place! The space is gorgeous, and you would have never imagined it used to be US Bank. It's like a chic restaurant you'd ... read moresee in NYC, not conservative Palo Alto. It's a sexy spot for dates, and because the space is so huge, it's also a great place for large parties. The several times I've dined here, in the main room and in the lounge area, I've been very impressed with the service. The menu is heavy on Spanish tapas, with a few entree selections -- the paella being their specialty. We decided to stick to ordering several tapas and a bottle of Albarino and a glass of Cava. Our lovely server was great about giving us suggestions and asking us if there was anything she could do to make anything better. When we felt our wine wasn't chilled enough, she happily brought over a ice bucket for it. While the highly recommended corn croquetas were sold out, we were happy with the summer salad, pork empenadas, camerones and ahi tuna tartare. The ceviche trio was our least favorite. For dessert, we had the raspberry meringue flambe and the strawberry cream. I loved both of these.