Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

1331 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, California 90291
Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

LGBT

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

Of my three favorite coffee brands that I seek out in all of my American travels (Stumptown. Blue Bottle and Intelligentsia), this one is by far the most elaborate. If you don't have 45 minutes to devote to a cup of coffee, then this is most certainly not the spot for you. The line alone at this particular cafe can take upwards of 20 minutes. But the level of craftsmanship and showmanship that go into each latte is truly a spectacle worth beholding. Intelligentsia would drive me bonkers if it was my go-to coffee shop each day of the week, but for a splurge, this feels like a real luxury experience.

Recommended for:FoodiesLGBTTrendstersVegetarian

**VENICE'S HIPSTER COFFEE HOUSE**

Sometimes I miss the hipsters in San Francisco.

Only sometimes.

But when I do, this was the place to cater to those hipster cravings.

A fancy mocha was a 10 minute wait.

I love sitting indoors.

Industrial architecture.

Cool peeps.

Good pitcher of water.

Sipped my mocha.

Oh so foamy.

So good.

RECOMMEND for the hipster ambiance and oh yes, the delicious coffee.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaPro 2014

SUPER Hipster ambience with good music and well-designed interior. Been wanting to try this place for a while.

I ordered an affogato, small scoop of vanilla ice cream drenched in rich espresso. It was delicious and I'm super jittery thanks to it. It reminded me of the one I tried at dripp in chino hills, only the presentation wasnt as awesome.

My sister had one of their coffee with a woody after taste. That was different and tasty as well. If you want what she got then ask the barista for a coffee with a woody after taste ;D

It's a cool place to take friends if they are exploring Venice and craving for some coffee. I'm not sure if I want to wait in line again for more than 20minutes.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersLocal CultureStudentsTrendsters
  • Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaPro 2014

I love coming here - outstanding coffee, nice vibe and sexy coffee machines.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesTrendsters
  • Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

The super hipster coffee in greater Los Angeles. It can be found in Silver Lake or Pasadena. The Silver Lake location has a better outdoor patio and set up of the cute and hipster coffee setting. The presentation of a drip coffee is beyond what I've experience at the San Francisco hipster coffee locations. However, the Pasadena location offers a nice touch, a wine bar but a smaller location.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaPro 2014

This is a hipster central in my book. There's plenty of seating so it's great for hanging out with friends. Some of the barista are a bit snooty but I guess they can be since they're pouring a high quality espresso beverage. I did enjoy my mocha, it wasn't sweet and it was just perfect. I liked it!

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

Great coffee, great atmosphere and delicious cookies and pastries. The quality is consistent so I find myself returning every time I'm looking for a chill cafe.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
  • Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaPro 2014

Amazing artisan coffee place in Venice (very similar to Sightglass in SF, if you know that place). Specialty is super amazing espresso drinks. Cappuccino is out of this world.

Recommended for:Business Travelers
  • Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

High end and immensely popular coffee bar. Great place to just hang out and people watch. Excellent baked goods and teas as well.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

I didn't like the Intelligentsia coffee in Pasadena, and I'm not a fan of it here. The one thing the do have going for them is space. There's plenty of seating area at the Venice branch, which is great for meeting people or studying. Please note: Intelligentsia coffee is an acquired taste...I just never acquired it.

Recommended for:BackpackersFoodiesStudents
  • Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

They served their coffee and tea to the guests at the TEDxculvercity event held at the Kirk Douglas Theatre and I must say that they had very delicious brownies. I am not much of a coffee drinker so this review only goes out to the tea and brownies but from what I saw from them, they had excellent service. The workers were all very friendly and sweet and if I ever swing by their actual cafe, I would definently get the brownie again and possibly try out their other sweets. As for the tea, I thought it was just average but that is also because it was probably their most basic tea.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaPro 2014

Ok, I don't drink coffee so I can't speak for that, but they do prepare it fresh for you so I'd imagine it tastes quite good! I came with a friend and I liked the atmosphere - there were a ton of people sitting around, chilling and working on their computers. It seems like a really nice place to spend the day on your laptop enjoying the environment around you, and probably a couple cups of coffee. I'll have to try out one of their teas sometime.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

This Venice location is amazing! The whole thing here is that there is a personal barista for you. Intelligentsia has really popularized high quality coffee and they take it a step further at this location. The main downside would be long lines, but it's worth dealing with for the experience of it all (as well as the coffee, of course).

• Intelligentsia Coffee & TeaPro 2014

Yes, it's a bit more expensive. And maybe a bit trendy.

But time costs money and these drinks take time. Hand-made and timed instead of mass produced by a machine that does the thinking for you (*cough* *cough* starbucks).

Is it the place I would go everyday if I drank coffee everyday? No.
    But is it the place I would go if I was in the area and wanted a beautful, rich relaxing cup? Yes.

The very modern design many not appeal to all, but I liked it. Hard clean lines and natural sunlight may be a contrast from dimly lit coffee shops with lounge chairs and couches, but it's nice to have coffee shop environment options!

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

I've been to a few locations now. I will say that the packaged intelligentsia you purchase by the pouch is amazing.

Although I am not the biggest coffee expert, I can say that although intelligentsia coffee is the best tasting that I've had when I brew it at home; I can't say the same about the ones brewed in the stores. Overall its good. But can't justify the price tag on the coffee.

Five Star Rating - Packaged Intelligentsia, Three Star Rating - Store; Four - average

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

This is one of my favorite spots to get some writing/art done. I also like coming here to read, and this is also a great spot for groups of 2-4 (relatively small space). No outlets but free wifi, nice natural light during the daytime, plus it's a very well ventilated and open, airy space.

Light, summery spot during weekend mornings. It gets super busy during the weekend (and with good reason!). Excellent coffee and tea (great selection), prompt service.

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

Really good coffee -- Intelligentsia doesn't disappoint in that area, ever. Black coffee is great. Nice location in Abbot Kinney (sunny, friendly hipsters, etc.). Nice place to read a book outdoors, not so good for work (no outlets, kind of noisy, crowded, etc.).

• Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea

It's cool to visit because of the original way it's set up. But they actually don't have that money options when it comes to coffee.

Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea in Venice, California offers you a respite from a busy day of sightseeing and a chance to refresh your caffeine levels with their custom blends of coffee and tea. The coffee bar provides a unique experience for every customer and features an eclectic design suiting the laid back Venice atmosphere. The shop offers gifts and accessories as well as beverages, giving you a chance to pick up unique souvenirs or gifts for coffee lovers in your life. Take a few moments to stop by the coffee bar, relax and recharge with a cup of your favorite beverage.

1,474 people visited Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea