InterContinental New York Barclay
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 75%Luxury Travelers
- 75%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (5)Write a review
- InterContinental New York BarclayMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6
I used to tutor a girl here who took the train in from the Hamptons with her mother for SAT lessons. I love the neighborhood: brownstones and quiet tree-lined streets. You always notice the Barclay because of the flags out front. The rooms are stately and elegant. Definitely an old school place.Recommended for:
- InterContinental New York BarclayMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 2
This is an older hotel, but it's a short walk to Rockefeller Center and 5th Avenue, and Central park is just beyond that. Bummer it's far from soundproof, and the lobby is nicer than the rooms (it can be slightly misleading), but not a bad find all in all if you just need something quick and convenient.
- InterContinental New York BarclayAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4First to Review
Nice hotel in a nice part of town. I chose this hotel because of the proximity to the theater district (we were going to see Book of Mormon). Rooms weren't crazy big (but I have little expectations for room size in NYC), but temperature control was good. Small bathroom, comfy bed. Really nice lobby area. Charge for wifi of course.
Dining options at InterContinental The Barclay include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include a health club, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 4.0 star property has a business center and offers secretarial services and business services. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff.
There are 686 guestrooms at InterContinental The Barclay. Coffee/tea makers and minibars are offered. Bathrooms feature bathrobes. In addition to in room safes, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Rooms also include desks and irons/ironing boards. Guests may request wake up calls.
Notifications and Fees:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: US$ 60 per day
- Valet parking: US$ 60 per day
The above... read more
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- In-House Bar
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Mini Bar In Room
Very Good!2495 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 96%.
- Service91% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel90% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingConference area was excellent, according to 86%
- Restaurant71% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Room53% said rooms were small.