International Rose Test Garden
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 87%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 79%Green Travelers
- 76%Local Culture
- 64%Art & Design Lovers
- 64%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (22)
- International Rose Test GardenMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 7Feb 05, 2014
In the city of Roses the International Rose Test Garden is a lesser know attraction but a pretty impressive one none the less. I have never seen so many types of roses before. Really something to see!
- International Rose Test GardenMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Sep 28, 2013
This 100-year-old garden is filled with seemingly every type of rose ever created (I know that's probably not the case, but it sure seems like it) and there are flowers in bloom here for months. There's also a large amphitheater, plenty of grassy play areas, tennis courts, and a small food truck selling hotdogs and the likes. It's also got some of the best views of downtown Portland set against a backdrop of Mount Hood. I think a lot of postcard photos are taken here.
- International Rose Test GardenMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6Dec 07, 2012
Absolutely beautiful! Even during the winter, the roses are just amazing. With so many varieties, even an avid rose connoisseur is sure to find something new to admire.
It's beautiful and educational at the same time!
- International Rose Test GardenMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2Dec 10, 2012
Roses. Lots of 'em. When your city is known as the City of Roses, you best believe the gardens will be magnificent. This one is tops, since there are literally thousands of varieties of roses. Just come in here and take it the smells is enough to make you 4.9% happier.
- International Rose Test GardenMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Nov 07, 2013
Free admission! The free entry lured me here to the Rose Test Garden. Unfortunately I didn't see much roses in bloom. I think I would have had a better time walking the grounds if the rose bushes were in full bloom instead of one rose here and there. Evening sunset was a good time to walk around and the lighting was well suited for taking pictures of the garden.
Parking was also free in the adjacent lot at the garden entrance.
- International Rose Test GardenMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersWellnessOct 18, 2013
This living museum of rose varieties is so gorgeous, you'll almost always catch a wedding party taking pictures here. And not only are the flowers themselves beautiful, but the view of the city from the gardens is breathtaking.