Cities for Outdoor Enthusiasts in Ireland

Map view
filtered byOutdoorX

Ventry

Ireland

Gorgeous coastal town on the DIngle Peninsula. We stopped here for lunch. Nice tea room and some services.

Rosscarbery

Ireland

A town on a hill, the center of Rosscarbery is an uphill trip from every direction. Charming and friendly, Rosscarbery is a beautiful seaside spot and a lovely place to visit.

Donegal Town

Ireland

We stopped very briefly in Donegal for afternoon tea and petrol, but I would have liked to stay longer. Stalwart of Irish folk songs. Beautiful coastal city (albeit a small one).

Maynooth

Westport

Ireland

Westport is a gorgeous town on the west coast of Ireland. I've visited twice, and it will be on my itinerary next time I go back. The town is charming and walkable, with friendly folks. The live music in the pubs is excellent, and other than some of the tourist pubs, the sessions are a gathering of friends.

Shanagarry

Ireland

Shanagarry is a very pretty town and it's an easy day trip from Cork city, (as long as you have good directions).

Adare

Gap of Dunloe

Ireland

I went through the Gap of Dunloe on a cycling tour of the Ring of Kerry. Along the gap are several lakes, and over one stream is "the Wishing Bridge". The drive is a bit difficult because of the winding, narrow roads, but biking can be great given cooperating weather. The Gap is about 10 miles outside of Killarney on ...

Shannon

Ireland

I've only been to Shannon to make a flight connection, but I like it because it's one of the first places to stop on a transatlantic crossing.

Tullamore

Ireland

I have to give it 5 stars as it is my fathers' home town and somewhere I've visited many times to see my relatives.

Tralee

Ireland

Great place to stay for access to the Dingle Peninsula. Absolutely stunning windmill.

Mallow

Ballymahon

Sandymount

Fanore

Loughrea

Ireland

This lakeside town has all the charm of Ireland you could hope for. There are local cafes, historic churches, quirky antique shops, and pubs all in one central area. My favorite thing to do is walk the path by the lake to see the swans.

Timoleague

Ireland

This is a lovely little town.

Craughwell

Ireland

This is one of the sweetest small towns in Galway county.

Saggart