Isa

3324 Steiner St, San Francisco, CA 94123

• IsaPro 2014
    Owie
    4 Mar 22, 2014

Oh how I loathe San Francisco, but for odd reason the monster keeps dragging me here. I came to Isa to experience their Dine About the Town menu and it was a wonderful experience. Great food, outstanding service, and comfortable decor. On the menu you get to choose a variety of items for your 3 course meal. I encourage you to mix it up with your date that way you can try all the dishes. For the appetizer I had the salmon which was very fresh, a perfectly cooked duck for the main course, and crème brûlée for dessert. Two complementary glasses of wine was also given to us, but what won me over in the end was the bread. They keep bringing it and asking us if we wanted more. Now that is quality service. I would definitely come back to try their official menu items.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
    Janson Wigo
    5 Nov 11, 2013

Probably my favorite restaurant in the city. I usually go for the fixed meals (30-40 bucks a person) and I have always been satisfied. The location is great- located in the middle of the Marina. I recommend the risotto or the lamb if its your first time.

Amy Chow
    4 Mar 20, 2013

My boyfriend & I came here for dinner on Monday night. I've always wanted to try this place based on their 4 solid star reviews on here. Made reservations for 6:30pm. We got there a lil bit earlier than 6:30pm, but got seated right away. The host lead us to the backroom which is like an extension of the restaurant. It's like a tent with string lights strung on the ceiling which gives it a romantic ambiance.

Dine About Town was going on so we went with that. We both got the Dungeness Crab Salad (Yum!), Flat Iron Steak (Bf said it was bit tough to chew; if it was ribeye steak- it would be mucho better), Creme Brulee (very hard top), & Freddo de Amaretto dessert (Almond-y flavor ice cream which was pretty good).

We found street parking right in front of Mel's Diner which was pretty easy.

Service was friendly & pretty fast. Oh & free glass of wine when you go Sun-Thurs during the DAT. ;)

Genevieve LaBadie
    5 Oct 01, 2012

When you first think of tapas, usually Spanish plates of chorizo tacos or ceviche come to mind. At Isa, these small shared plates are filled with French inspired creations. I’ve never had a dish that didn’t burst with flavor, ordering more until I couldn’t eat another bite. Oysters are a San Francisco staple, and do not disappoint here, uniquely covered in a spicy orange sauce. Or sample from a selection of local cheeses paired with wine. What makes the restaurant truly special is the terrace out back, covered and heated so you can still dine outside during those far too common rain soaked and fog covered days. Just be ready to stay for a while to digest, trying to make room for more.

Betty N.

GIVE IT UP FOR ISA !

Thanks to a friend who has similiar tastes and when she says something is good, it is GOOD. This place is GOOD.

We arrived on a busy Saturday night. Crowded, but nicely spaced out. We sat outside in the back. Definitely romantic with the string lights, the candles, and decor.

Took advantage of their Dine About Town menu. What a fantastic selection of first, second and third courses. I love that they don't hide the menu or pretend that it doesn't exist. Props.

Ordered the following:

(1) Steamed Prince Edwards Island Mussels - Garlic, white wine, parsley with grilled bread . . . need I say more.

(2) Northern Halibuta la plancha - Man oh man this is soooooo good. Super fresh in every way possible. The artichokes, tomato confit, etc. added a wonderful flavor to the entire dish. Well done. Bravo.

(3) Flourless chocolate cake - My least favorite of the three courses. Tasted more like a souffle than a typical dense chocolate cake. I like my chocolate cakes dense, not fluffy.

We also had the foie gras which was tasty, but a tad too sweet with the rhubarb and strawberry.

I would recommend their German reisling with the halibut and mussels ($36/bottle).

Our hailbut dishes arrived in a timely manner, but had to wait an additional 20+ minutes for a flat iron steak order. The staff took care of the situation by offering a free glass of wine and allowing us to choose desserts *outside* the Dine About Town menu.

A fantastic Marina restaurant; probably my favorite.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND the halibut and the German reisling!

Shivangi
    2 Jul 05, 2012

I tried this restaurant last night and had their Spaghetti. It was stricty ok. Nothing too exciting!

Veronica Sartori

Isa is a safe choice in the Marina that's good for casual meals or even dates. It's dimly lit and cozy, but the menu is quite impressive!

My favorite here is the foie gras - delicious and nicely seared, and I have to say - a generous serving considering the price of the dish. I also highly recommend the lamb chops and filet.

Note: on Monday-Thursday, they have a prix fixe at $24 per person! What a great deal.

• IsaPro 2014
    Todd C
    4 Apr 16, 2014

Great food, good service!

JoAnne Kao
    4 Dec 14, 2012

everything's delicious, esp the risotto and lamb

Anushka Bhatia