Isabellas

60 Fishermans Wharf # 1, Monterey, CA

• Isabellas

We snagged a table in the sun overlooking the harbor, and enjoyed the people watching.

We never expected that we would die to return for the food, but we will certainly return for the location and booze.

Pretty much the last stop before the whale and fishing tour boats, it's the only patio within an ear shot of the seagulls, sea otters, and seals.

Continue down to the end of the wharf and rent a dilapidated row boat for a personal tour of the harbor front. They all come with makeshift buckets to bail all the water you'll take on.

• IsabellasPro 2014

I go to Isabella's after whale watching trips. It's a great place to warm up and have lunch while looking out over the harbor.

• Isabellas

Again I think I only rated this place this well was because of the company. Considering how stuffy some clients can be here I think that she was a breath of fresh air to the staff -

one doesn't generally witness a guest stuffing their bra with dinner rolls......

then constantly talk about them, playing with them, and taking pictures of them while in her bra.

I have to admit it was rather intoxicating. I hope she was wrong and that they didn't reserve them.......then again......

Oh wait....otherwise the food wasn't half bad....of course I couldn't really appreciate the nuances of what I ordered since her food was forced down my throat. Not that I can't eat but for whatever reason I just wasn't really that hungry that day.

The sweet paste in a cup thing that was served post dinner actually wasn't half bad....tasted a lot better than it looked. It's actually funner to play with than to eat however.
    ;D