Istanbul Sydney Hostel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 75%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Istanbul Sydney HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsStudents+ 1First to ReviewNov 01, 2013
My friends stayed here while they were visiting me and they said it was a lovely place to stay. On a student budget you get one of the best located hostels in Istanbul (just a 5 minute walk to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi) as well as free breakfast on a rooftop balcony that has a view of the Sea of Marmara. I've heard mixed reviews about this place, but from what I saw it was a good place to stay for a week or so.
- Istanbul Sydney HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 23, 2013
As hostels go, this one is good, but not great. Of course for the price, it’s hard to beat for location and amenities. The rooms are basic and clean, two beds is the smallest they offer. It has a cool street front lounge area to hang at, have a coffee or tea or a puff if you prefer. The terrace has a beautiful view to enjoy, and breakfast and WiFi are included with the room. I found the rooftop terrace a bit rundown, and the breakfast area was funky…kinda grossed me out to think the food was served/prepared there. There is also a work station with internet access if you need it. The location, however, is great, close to all the Sultanahmet sights, and on a strip with lots of shops and restaurants.
- Istanbul Sydney HostelJul 05, 2012
The Istanbul Sydney Hostel, overall, is a pretty good hostel located in a great area of Sultanahmet. During my visit, the hostel reminded me of a cross between a hostel and budget hotel. You can have a private double room, 4 person room, and dormitory. All the rooms are clean and comfortable. It would be a great place for students or backpackers! Another great aspect of the hostel is that you can have nargile right in the comfort of your hostel with fellow travelers! The staff seemed a bit aloof at times, but they are young and smiley. As most hostels seem to be located in Beyoglu, if you want to stay in the old city, this hostel is a great option!Recommended for:Backpackers
Outstanding!851 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Location100% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel Building98% loved the terrace.
- Ambiance97% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- PriceBest value. 95% of guests enjoyed it.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.